Saturday, May 24, 2014

The moon – Facing fears

The Original Rider Waite Tarot, The Moon
Today’s card jumped right out of my deck. Perhaps it was my lack of shuffling skills or something else but for now The Moon from the Original Rider Waite is my card of the day.
After having done some structuring together with The Emperor  I have to say  this card doesn't affect me that much today. Yet there is always some anxiety lurking in the shadows which can jump us unexpectedly. The fact that I am thinking about it proves to me it is still there.

When I worry there is always a constant movement between illusion, fantasy and reality. I feel the anxiety and tell myself this is not real; it is all in my mind. This will only work for a while and then I find myself worrying again etc. I feel like I am both the fearful one and the comforter. The dog and the wolf as well as the moon. The dog and the wolf howl to the moon and they reveal their innermost fears. Today I see the moon in this depiction as the light bringer in the darkness; the mental clarity in an anxious situation. Although not as bright as the sun it will have to do until daybreak .
I am often attributed with illusion, but I teach that all is illusion. I am the key to breaking through illusion, for only by exploring my energy and connecting with your inner guide will you see beyond. I challenge you to trust what you do not understand, for in trusting the universe, you will begin to know. When you know, there will be no more fear, no more confusion, no more illusion. (Leila Vey)

5 comments:

  1. I know that role well, of the role of the comforter but also having a huge helping of fear - what if I can't handle this? Show yourself the evidence that you can. Make a list of all that you have gone through and come out okay on the other side. You can do this, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me of this list! I've made one last year. It will be good to revisit it and perhaps add some more achievements. It will surely shine some light over my own doubts
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Worry is my lack of trust but also my lack of prayer in my daily life, turning it all over everyday. Sounds easy but not so much sometimes. I remind myself fear and anxiety are feelings and the Moon is all about emotion and they are neither good on bad, they just are and are normal part of being human..
    We all have them from time to time or perhaps even on a regular basis. If I feel overwhelmed emotionally, I need to find a way to get control of my emotion instead of my emotion controlling me.
    Like the Emperor I gain knowledge through experience. Wisdom and understanding go hand in hand through my experiences, that are gained and defined through some kind of daily discipline. Which for me is prayer and turning things over to the God of my understanding. The Creator and Spirit provide the Grace, and for that I am very grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine. I guess for me these spiritual practices are more easy to maintain when I feel emotionally balanced. Then I meditate, pray, write etc but when I really need the comfort I tend to forget. Silly and self-defeating I know. Thank you for reminding me to keep spiritually connected :)

      Delete
    2. Oh boy Ellen I sure relate to what you are saying. I believe all this stuff we know already within our souls, we just need reminding! God only knows, I have a great memory...just one that's too short!!!

      Delete