Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ten of Wands – enough is enough

Druidcraft Tarot Ten of Wands
My card of the day is the Ten of Wands from the Druidcraft Tarot. The depiction is following the Rider Waite  tradition: a man carrying Ten Wands uphill which is obviously a heavy load. In this card however there is no house at the end of the road; in fact there is no house at all. We know nothing of his destination. The man is walking on a road with no beginning and no end and for me this enhances the severity of his exhaustion. There is no where else to go than uphill and we don’t know how much longer he has to carry this load. 
Maybe he should sit down for a while and enjoy the flowers on the side of his path. Who knows he might be able to leave a wand or two behind…..
I have the tendency to pick up the wands of those who are more tired, more stressed and more busy than me. As I've stated before that is very often the case since I underestimate my own need for rest. Perhaps this is a bit of a martyr mentality???
Anyway I see this card as an advice to pick up only my own wands today and be very cautious to pick up other's too. Because my path is very steep these days and I don’t know yet when I will reach my house where I can lay down my wands, I need to prioritize and be mindful of the beautiful flowers along the way
“It is sometimes good to stop and ask: 'Do I really need to do this?'

6 comments:

  1. Use that bundle of sticks for a bonfire! Sit down and celebrate something - even if you have to make up your own holiday! (((E)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! Lol!
      I will take the afternoon off.:D This morning I've visited my husband and for this afternoon I've nothing planned but taking time to relax and do the things that make me happy!
      I am reading this book I love: "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett (tip from PLN)

      Delete
  2. First step is admitting when you are overwhelmed and taking responsibility for your own Self. We do it to ourselves don't we. Good for you for taking the afternoon off to enjoy a book. You will enjoy "The Help". A time out always makes one better able to help later :)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha!!!
      Have you read this book? It is so good. PLN compared it with eating a chocolate bar; you cannot put it aside and have to finish it!
      This afternoon was lovely. It was sunny outside: perfect reading weather :D

      Delete
    2. I read the book several years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Perfect read for a sunny afternoon. I am busy baking bread from scratch. Pumpkin bread like my mom used to make. I lost her in 1990 and today is her birthday so this bread is for you mom. So far so good. A lovely sunny afternoon here as well.

      Delete
    3. What a lovely way to remember your mom.
      Hugs

      Delete