Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Prince of Pentacles - Steady as she goes

Druidcraft Tarot Prince of Pentacles
Where would the King of Pentacles be without his trustworthy Prince of Pentacles from the Druidcraft Tarot (aka Knight of Pentacles). Look at him standing there, watching from the hilltop over the land. Guarding it, keeping it safe and if necessary defending it with valor. He is pragmatic, reliable and he gets the job done. This card is for me all about doing the same chores day in day out and keeping our home running: Cooking, doing the dishes, grocery shopping, paying bills, gardening etc. I always have found fulfillment in being “just” a stay at home mother. It is hard to belief how many times I had to defend my decision to quit my job after having my first child. Of course I was in the luxurious position my husband had a job too but it was definitely a financial challenge. It has worked out for all of us and that is what counts the most I guess.
Nowadays I feel I am the king as well as the Prince. Luckily I have two princesses around who are willing to help me as much as they possibly can.

"It's the steady, quiet, plodding ones who win in the lifelong race".Robert W. Service
(Ps. I've learned the drop shadow technique from Prince Lenormand)

6 comments:

  1. I was just telling a friend the other day that this is my favorite Knight. :) He may be slow and sometimes stubborn, but he is loyal and true without all the drama of the other three. Every time I hear the phrase 'measure twice, cut once' I think of him and his attention to detail.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the same phrase my husband used to say when he was fixing/mending something. I think I am rather fond of the whole Pentacles family. They would make great neighbors :)

      Delete
  2. It was nice to hear this bit of your story! I'm working full time now, but for many years I balanced part-time work with staying home during the day and taking care of the family. I"m glad you had the opportunity to do that, and I'm sorry you had to defend your choice so many time! I pulled out my DruidCraft today since it's been on my mind due to your posts… ahhh….. it really is such a wonderful set of cards…!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I could inspire you to pick up this gorgeous deck. It is to special to gather dust in a closet :)
      I am so looking forward to Chloe's Celtic Lenormand so I can combine these two decks

      Delete
  3. I adore what you have done here with the paper, leaf and shadow. It looks fab here, doesn't it?! Perfect for this deck.

    More, more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PLN!
      I did quite like how the colors of the leaf matched with the garment of the knight.
      I will definitely make some more :)

      Delete