Sunday, May 4, 2014

Post Birthday Gratitude

Yesterday was my birthday. It was a small family celebration which I often prefer too large  gatherings. I’ve received mostly tarot presents. From each of my girls I've received a deck: the Tarot of Sidhe by Emily Carding  and the Tarot of the Hidden Realm by Julia Jeffrey
The last deck has arrived at my house for the second time.  Last year September I’ve bought it for myself but I send it back to the store because I couldn’t connect with it. But I wasn't able to let go of it either. So here it is again. And I am so happy with it. The other deck was love at first site and I am so pleased I've got it as a present.
It was only on my birthday I had realized both my new decks have the Other World as their theme. (I am really getting older J).Each with their own point a view and style of art. How fitting to spend time with them these coming weeks up until midsummer. I will enjoy exploring these two decks even more now I’ve realized this!
From my husband I’ve got the book from Joan Bunning about reversals. I seriously want to  start learning to read with reversed cards more in depth. I figured this was a good book to give me some more insights about several ways to approach reversals.
And besides all those yummy tarot goodies, I’ve also got some beautiful  Carnations in pink and white and a lovely little plant which is called Tolmiea menziesii  It is known by the common names: Youth on age, Thousand mothers, and  Piggyback plant. In Holland we call it “Little child on mother’s lap” An last but not least  a bouquet of small red roses

All and all I am ever so grateful for my wonderful gifts and the pleasant and lovely day we’ve had together as a family

12 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a lovely birthday - may you have many more happiness-filled days to come. :)
    I will be eager to see you use both of these decks, as I have neither of them. I love the artwork in both, so now I will get to see how someone reads with them. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for you lovely wishes.
      I will be looking forward to read with these two decks too.

      Delete
  2. May you have many happy returns of the day. We have wild piggyback in our forest, I like child on mothers lap better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely this plant grows in the wild where you live. Yes the name is rather sweet. I use to get one for Mothers day :)

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday - such lovely gifts. It's always fantastic when you have family that support your interests isn't it? It definitely means you'll be getting some wonderful presents that mesh! I love that Hidden Realm tarot - me thinks I may have to do some investigating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The Hidden Realm Tarot is this time around all that I could hope for. It's just asking for a different approach than I was used to.

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! Love your gift display. It's nice to have a family who supports your interests. Best wishes for the year and more to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it sure is. thank you so much for your kind wishes

      Delete
  5. Such lovely gifts to fill your year (and after) with. Great backs on the Sidhe.

    I hope you had a very Happy Birthday. Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PLN. I think I have enough decks now to last me for a very long time :)

      Delete
  6. Ellen ... I am so sorry I missed knowing it was your birthday. Many happy wishes would have come your way. Well they do whether it is your birthday or not :) It was mine on May 13th so we are fellow Taureans.

    Not sure if you will see this since it is an old post. Hopefully so since I am sad I missed your day. I am not sure where you live ... but my gift to you, if you are at all close enough, is to go see Danny Michel who I love and adore (he lives close by) and will be playing in Amsterdam every Thursday in October. So so good. Here is his Facebook page about it. (if the link works)
    https://www.facebook.com/events/503104626485891/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular

    happy day :)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's okay Carol :
      And many happy years for you to come too.
      This is too far for me to go to, but thanks for pointing him out. I've found him on YouTube and I like him .
      Hugs

      Delete