Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Justice - Keeping the balance

Yesterday I've posted  a comment on Chloe’s blog about how Balance seems to be one of the most reoccurring themes in tarot spreads and daily draws. We could say that living a balanced life is an everlasting life lesson for everybody. As a confirmation of this idea I've drawn for today Justice from the Tarot of the Sidhe.
This depiction of Justice is emphasizing the necessity to find balance in every aspect of ourselves and our lives. Our Body, Mind and Soul should come together in perfect harmony. But when we speak about “should” it often indicates this isn't the case.
The card contains a lot of symbolism which is representing for balance: The sun and the moon with clouds swirling around them in the shape of a lemniscate and a Sidhe woman balancing  between night and day on the hilt of her sword which is pointed in the center of the spiral. She is “The  cosmic  dancer of truth and balance” And she knows as nobody else the moment you find balance you lose it and you have to adjust a bit to find it again. It is like a never ending dance; a perpetuum mobile.
“ The key to keeping your balance is knowing when you've lost it”

8 comments:

  1. My life is like a pendulum that swings back and forth - never perfectly balanced, yet always seeking that center point. At least I can feel and notice it now, when I have swung too far to one side! :D I suppose that's progress of a sort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha My life is too :D.
      I wanted to add this to my post but I couldn't find the right words . So thanks for that.
      My girls get sometimes so tired of my swaying nature. Luckily I am getting more aware of it too

      Delete
  2. YES!!! I have found this to be reoccurring also. It is a good thing because we humans need constant reminders I think! We so easily get out of balance and out of sync. We just can take a look around at the world, and see so many are out of whack!
    For me many years were spend living in the all or nothing mode. I still struggle with it. but it's all about progress, not perfection.Thank you for posting about this important topic Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine! I think when the need for perfection comes into play there is definitely some serious imbalance going on :D

      Delete
  3. So true! I was very intrigued by the fact that for my May 2014 'scopes, three balance/change cards fell out of the deck. I think that the Thoth Adjustment has been a nice way for me to understand and process the energy of Justice. It brings to mind a feeling of the way that the world flows, we're always making little shifts and adjustments in our perspectives, behavior, reactions, etc., in order to maintain our balance. This is a nice version of the card as well, I like the symmetry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Justice also reminds me of Temperance which is a Balance card too.
      I think Adjustment is a good name for this card. I've read somewhere that it is our free choice to adjust but when we don't, life will choose for us and give us a push in the right direction :D

      Delete
  4. Yes, love this depiction of Justice. The closest we can find to balance is to stay aware of the fact that it is never a fixed point. But the less we have to move around, the closer we are to balance. Awareness and micro-adjustments, rather than huge sea changes, suggest being close to that "ideal" :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've put it wonderfully Kerry. For me the center point of the spiral is that inner calm and peace where I can find myself again and restore my balance :D

      Delete