Saturday, May 10, 2014

Nine Of Swords - Fear of Silence

For today I have drawn the Nine of Swords from the Tarot of the hidden Realm. No nightmares, no dangling swords over your head but definitely a feel of tension and anxiety. This young Fey woman is crouched on the ground behind a leafless tree which obviously doesn't give her any shelter. She has been on the run for too long and has been through a lot. It is so difficult for her to relax; to finally acknowledge her battles are over.
In her mind she repeatedly hears the same warnings, accusations and she sees images of what has been and what should have been; an endless stream of consecutive thoughts. The owl in the picture represents wisdom and compassion which will help us to let go of the repeating self defeating tapes in our head. Only when you acknowledge those thoughts, you can start to release them. For each thought the white owl releases a tiny soft feather. After all her thoughts are touched by one single feather, she will be able to get up and move on.
I can relate to the anxious restless feeling of hurry and haste. It really feels sometimes if am on the run for myself. Always keeping my mind occupied; afraid for what will come up when there is only silence. Perhaps it is a good idea to sit with this card and try to find out what causes this feeling…

"When my mind is still, Silence will guide me."

4 comments:

  1. You are right, the body language of this fey really makes her seem tense, like she is trying to hide from something scary. But the tree is leafless - everything's been laid bare. She might as well come out and face her fears. Thank you for letting me have a peek at this deck through your blog! My first impression of it was that it didn't have enough symbolism, but I think facial expressions and postures tell a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Sycamore!
      At first I thought this deck was just a collection of court cards but now I know these facial expressions evoke much more feelings than I ever could have imagined.

      Delete
  2. This is such an intriguing card, across a wide range of decks. I always like to examine how a particular deck treats this card. Even though there are no swords pointing down at the fey, you still get the strong sense that something is "hanging over her head." Fortunately the owl is also there to offer insight and understanding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of cards in this deck which don't show the actual symbols of their suit. But now I've come to know this deck a bit more I don't miss them at all :D
      From my own decks I like Nine of Swords from the Shadowscapes and the Tarot of the Sidhe too

      Delete