Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Strength – just breath and be patient

I always feel good when I pull the Strength card for my daily draw. As if a lost well, where I can replenish myself, has been found again. This card is from the Tarot of the Hidden Realm by Julia Jeffrey and it depicts a woman and a wolf. They are both entirely at ease with each other. You cannot see her right hand but I suspect she doesn't have to hold the animal's scruff. The energy is of gentle strength and trust. This card is all about patience, courage and aligning yourself with your true nature; becoming one thought, one breath; becoming a whole person. This kind of strength is often more valuable and accomplishes more than any other display of power.

She does remind me of M and how she sometimes gets reassured and calm just by sitting next to our Labrador. They have a bond which is very strong and so special. Tarot books often state the animal in the Strength card represents our wild nature and the woman has to gentle submit and restrain those impulses with compassion but here in this card I feel there is gain for both creatures in this encounter because they meet as equals.

8 comments:

  1. Love the artwork of this card! Both seem alert; she seems to be looking inwardly, and the wolf looks outwardly. Which makes sense because the stuff that happens both inside and outside create the force that does not want us to be patient, tolerant and compassionate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. That is the challenge of Strength. How to balance that force
      And yes the artwork is amazing. It is one of the main reasons I couldn't let go of this deck :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card and artwork. Strength has got to be my favourite card. Your insightful post immediately made me think of Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes, and her book, Women Who Run With The Wolves. This book is like my Bible and changed my life. I did a series of paintings based on the stories in her book.
    http://catherinemeyersartist.blogspot.ca/2011/10/new-versions-of-paintings-series-women.html
    I love your blog, great lay out, and thoughtful posts! Your English is perfect!!!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine. thanks for you lovely comment. I have read this book too. The story of Vasalisa is on of my favorites and of course the one about La Loba.

      Delete
  3. This is a really nice depiction of the card! I love how there is such natural peace and comfort between the woman and the wolf. My favorite (and highly preferred) Strength cards show companionship between the person and the animal, rather than a show of force, which seems counterintuitive to the essence. I really don't like to see Strength cards where a person is forcing an animal's mouth open, or in any other way showing dominance. I get the point, it's just not the right way, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia! Those are my favorite Strength cards too. For instance: Druidcraft Tarot, Legacy of the Divine and Crystal Visions.
      Thanks for stopping by :D

      Delete
  4. Very nice! Drawing on the strength of that beast within is not a bad thing at all, making friends with her, even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Siddaleah!
      You are so right This inner animal can be our greatest ally :)

      Delete