Monday, July 6, 2015

Tarot Magic for a more Healthy Lifestyle (Part I)

The Wild Unknown Tarot Mother of PentaclesFor today, instead of a daily draw, I want to show you the cards I’ve picked which motivate me and might be helpful for me to start living more healthy. I also want to include them in a not quite finished tarot spell.
Last weekend I was painfully aware of the fact that my physical well-being has been on the back burner for way too  many years. My diet is far from healthy and seriously out of balance and I hardly exercise at all.  I know I make up tons of excuses but  I feel without a doubt the aging of my body starting to hinder me to do the things I want to do.  I am well aware of the fact that some processes can’t be stopped but I do want to give it a go to slow them down a bit.
This notion is strongly influenced by having pulled the Mother of Pentacles two times in row. She is not only protecting her fawn but also encouraging him to grow up and be the strongest deer of the herd.
Over the years I have more than once tried to change my not so healthy lifestyle but never with long-term results.
So if the old way doesn’t work for me than I should try something new: Magic!!
First I’ve flipped through my deck to pull every card which reminded me of physical wellbeing and then I narrowed it down to four cards to create a bridge spell which I’ve learned from Chloe of Inner Whispers.
The cards I’ve chosen are:
Tarot spell Ace of Pentacles, Two of wands, Eight of Pentacles, Six of Wands, The Wild Unknown Tarot

Situation/ Issue - Ace of Pentacles
This card represents my potential to become a healthy strong woman. I love it how even though the tree is cut down to a stump, there is still a strong life energy burning in the center to bring forth new life and new beginnings on the physical plane, represented by the budding twigs and leaves.
Energy needed 1 – Two of Wands
This is for me a card which represents the choice, the intent to actually do job. And when I would slack,  I will pick up my two wands and make that same choice  over and over again as many times as needed. 
Energy needed 2– Eight of Pentacles
This spider is teaching me to do the work. To start each day with a positive intent to work on my web and make it strong and flexible.  Changing a lifestyle  is a long-term process and when challenges arise, like wind and rain for the spider,  I have to “hang there” in and keep going anyway.
Result – Six of Wands.
Look how gracious this butterfly has freed herself from the tangle of branches. She is strong and has moved from the darkness of self-defeating actions into the light where the sun shines over her to celebrate her success

The Wild Unknown Tarot Mother of SwordsThese three cards will become the center part of my Tarot spell, which will be the topic of my next post!
I pulled one extra card to ask how I should proceed with this spell and I got the Mother of Swords, my favorite court card in any deck.  She is telling me today, that first I should choose the wording of my spell wisely and secondly I should approach this new intent with the same motherly advise I would give my girls: be gentle but truthful to yourself. Don’t  believe everything your inner resistance is going to tell you along the way but wield your sword of truth and awareness and be mindful to address yourself with encouragement and compassion. 

18 comments:

  1. Great card pull. May you always be empowered to manage your own life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharyn! It is time to get serious :)

      Delete
  2. Good on you for taking control of the things you have the power to change! The four cards you chose for the "bridge" are a perfect visual for getting to the place you want to be. On a side note, if you make any mistakes, don't let your mind convince you that you might as well give up. Keep plugging along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev. Giving up after failure has been my usual behavior but now I want to start fresh every morning if needed (two of wands)
      I've been able to quite smoking and biting my nails so now it is time for the next chapter!

      Delete
  3. This is wonderful, Ellen. I'm working with this deck this week, too, and I'm encouraged by your post to see how practical the cards are as well as being just plain lovely to look at. Wishing you all the best as you embrace your Ace of Pentacles self!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose for your kind wishes. This deck is becoming very rapidly one of my most favorite tarot decks. :)
      And yes there is so much more to it than just pretty drawings!

      Delete
  4. So much positive and motivating energy in your card choices. Commitments like these are always hard to stick with but just remember that you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement it means a lot!
      I am positive that when I take it one day at the time I can do this!

      Delete
  5. An absolutely beautiful spell, Ellen! And I love the extra card you drew, too - sage advice indeed, to be compassionate and honest with yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe. You are such an inspiration to me on this magical journey :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  6. I have a Bridge Spell on the go at the moment too, Ellen, and I will keep you in my thoughts as I do the affirmation I created to go with it. I love the cards you've chosen for yours. Let's stay strong! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Margo! I would love to read more about your spell or is it too personal?
      Blessing and strength to you!

      Delete
  7. I love the images on this deck, might have to add it to my 'want' list. Tarot spells is one thing I haven't played with. Have you had any luck with such practices? I'll watch Chloe's video when I get a chance. Thanks for sharing your decks and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done a healing spell for myself last May which was very effective. I don't think much about the how and why but I definitely feel empowered by these spells or "prayers with props" as I l like to call them.

      Delete
  8. this is very interesting i would never have thought of this thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete