Saturday, May 17, 2014

Dreamer Three – Be gentle with yourself

Tarot of the Sidhe Dreamer three Soul Loss Three of SwordsNobody likes to get a card like this: Dreamer Three (the Three of Swords) from the Tarot of the Sidhe. We see a Sidhe woman with her heart ripped out. It is torn apart and eaten by three black ravens. The three trees which are rooted in her skirt are bare. With her hair she is connected to the blood red clouds and behind her a large sun is rising behind the mountains. She is fully merged with her surroundings yet she is heart - and soulless.

“The heart of Dream is torn in three
Leaving a hole where the whole should be
The blessed ravens feast on sorrow
That the light may bring a fairer morrow”

How many of us are living like this. Going through the motion of our daily lives and not being aware  of how we feel and if we are living the life we want. Is our heart still in it, or is it torn out and crushed by unresolved grief and heart break. So often we don’t take the time to acknowledge our pain and we think when we act as always, eventually it will go away. But believe me it won’t. It will strike back even harder just as long until you feel the hole inside you.  The positive side of this card is when you do connect with your pain you will heal. Your heart will become more resilient and at the same time more compassionate, tender and loving. “Be gentle with yourself and only go as fast as the slowest part of you feels safe to go”. After you've healed your heart and soul, you can dream again about what you want out of life, because with a heartfelt dream all options are open to us again

Lyrics:Gentle With Myself
By Karen Drucker

I will be gentle with myself.
I will be gentle with myself.
And I will hold myself like a newborn baby child.
- repeat…

I will be tender with my heart.
I will be tender with my heart.
And I will hold my heart like a newborn baby child.
- repeat

And I will only go as fast as the slowest part of me feels safe to go.
I will only go as fast as the slowest part of me feels safe to go.

I will be easy on myself.
I will be easy on myself.
And I’ll love myself like a newborn baby child.
- repeat

And I will only go as fast as the slowest part of me feels safe to go.
- repeat

Now, I know…
I am gentle with myself.
I am gentle with myself.
And I hold myself like a newborn baby child.
- repeat…

And I rock myself like a newborn baby child.
I hold myself like a newborn baby child.
I love myself like a newborn baby child.

4 comments:

  1. "when you do connect with your pain you will heal" - and if you refuse to look at it, I think it spills over in all areas of life - physical, mental, emotional and spiritual. I'm learning my pain is not personal, and from that point of view my compassion can grow as I realize others feel this too. I have a friend who is fond of saying, "move at the speed of guidance." Move at a safe speed, no need to rush. :) Lovely post today my friend on a hard subject.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sycamore.
      Yes ignored grief will act up until it finally gets the attention it needs.
      I love the saying of your friend. It is profound and significant. I feel it is so important to treat ourselves like we would treat others in pain; with the same compassion and patience
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. It's a very powerful image and it speaks to the parts of us that would prefer to ignore the pain, act as if it is not there because then we don't have to feel it. Sometimes the most painful thing is dealing with it but ultimately it does heal us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, beginning to acknowledge there is indeed pain, is the most difficult part of the process

      Delete