Monday, May 12, 2014

The Emperor –Working with raw potential

For today I've drawn The Emperor from the Tarot of the Sidhe by Emily Carding. Just a fortnight ago he has appeared on my blog for the first time and now here he is again. I like this Emperor more than most of his counterparts. He is more vibrant, fiery and alive than the other rigid stern and arrogant emperors I've seen so far.
He is wearing a crown of flame and fire. In his cloak he has gathered the harvest of the cultivated fields. Seeds and sprouts are nice but not always enough. The land has to be farmed and cared for. Every creative impulse The Empress has brought forth is formed and structured by The Emperor. Without him there would be Chaos. This emperor feels more like an inspiration to work hard and to follow his instructions  than a severe monarch who has to be obeyed in fear of punishment. I think this emperor could get a temper too but I guess he is mature enough to stay  fair and just. And, he knows how to get things done.

So why again this card? Perhaps I still have to stand up more for what I want and how I want to run our household. Living with three queens in one castle isn't always easy. We want a lot of different things in even more different ways. We are full of good intentions but the outcome is sometimes not what I've hoped for.J

4 comments:

  1. Like you said, so many of the Emperors are pictured sitting (almost bored); it seems like they're just watching other people run their kingdom for them. Now I get delegating to others so we don't get overwhelmed, but sometimes I want to yell at him "How about you get off your bum and do something yourself!" The Sidhe Emperor has a totally different feel. It reminds me of school boards made up of people who've never taught - they have no idea what being in the trenches are like. But this Emperor obviously does. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. and some Emperors do remind me of CEO's who forget their employees are people instead of numbers.
      He has passed through the hierarchy ranks and hasn't forgotten the paysants

      Delete
  2. This is definitely a vibrant card! It took me a moment to find the Emperor within it :) It's nice, and it does have a refreshing feel as opposed to so many depictions of the Emperor that are, as you say, rather stern and stodgy. I like the Green Man version from the Wildwood. And in this card, I like all the green in the background…...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olivia! The Greenman is indeed another more friendly version of the Emperor. Green is the complementary color of red. I guess Emily knew that ;)

      Delete