Saturday, June 16, 2018

Nine of Wands – Rise up again and agian

Today’s Card is the Nine of Wands from the Tarot of the Hidden Realm. The same card as I pulled yesterday. The Nine of Wands is for me about wanting more, doing more, doing better. A card of burning desires and the sometimes not so pleasant aftermath.
     
Nine of Wands Tarot of the Hidden Realm Julia JeffreyFive of Swords Tarot of the Hidden Realm Julia Jeffrey
We often take on more than we can manage. And only after we're burned out, we ask ourselves how could this possibly happen to me. Perhaps we don’t know our boundaries as well as we should have and so we let others and ourselves trample them without noticing until it is too late.
I’ve been in this position several times. But I have also experienced that whenever this has happened to me I always rise up again, stronger, wiser (I hope) and determined never to let something like this happen to me again.
So I wondered why this card is showing up again today and I pulled the Five of Swords. Not only is a burn-out caused by taking to on much responsibilities in the physical world. It is often accompanied by negative thought patterns such as lack of self-worth, self-love en so on. These mental attackers want to lure you into a battle, which they know you can’t win. It will only wear you out more until only chaos and exhaustion will remain. Maybe it is better to acknowledge our thoughts and see them as such: just thoughts and nothing more.  
We have to ask ourselves whether these thoughts and feelings are true and if they're not, I promise they will go away.
Then we will rise up from our ashes and become a little more akin to the person we want to be.

For me, this means I have to sit with these returning thoughts of not being good enough again and learn to recognize them once and for all as tricksters of the mind.

18 comments:

  1. That is a positive take on the Nine of Wands (rather than the weary, wounded fellow). Both these cards make me think of choosing my battles wisely - using discernment to understand whether my involvement or action is going to do any good at all (as well as what lies beneath my expectations). Hope you refuse to take the bait my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think that each day I have grown a little bit wiser. Yes sometimes I still take the bait but nowadays I notice if I did. :)

      Delete
  2. the 9 of wands is looking backward, the 5 of swords is looking directly toward the reader. What is done can't be changed, his whole effort is wasted. Take charge of today, lest it be lost too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is only one moment we get to enjoy and that is now. So we'd better enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  3. One of the great things about getting older is the ability to say 'No' Younger we are pressured and compelled to say yes and get along. No means no and people are shocked sometimes with my no answers. I don't even want to or have to explain. No means no. Done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! I think you are absolutely right. I praise the day I was brave enough to put NO in my vocabulary :)

      Delete
  4. The Five of Swords is all about choosing your battles to me. You can win, but the cost may end up being too much. "I still take the bait." Yes, yes we do, LOL. I kept going back and forth on the 9 of Wands - what it means to you is different than what it means to me, but I was trying to see your view. To me - it's all about the courage to continue standing even after you've been beaten down. So together - these two cards stand for Standing up for what you believe in, but also making sure the cause is worth the fight. Choosing your battle wisely - as thesycamoretree pointed out. Hope you had a good weekend and chose wisely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing I really notice is that when I'm already tired and a bit battle-weary, I am more likely to fall prey to those negative Five of Swords thoughts. A little self-care can go a long way in strengthening me to face the remaining task/s :)

    Hope you are taking time for yourself, and recognising those trickster thoughts before they bother you too much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Hi Sharyn,thank you for asking. I am quite well thank you. Counting the days for my granddaughter to arrive.(beginni ng of November). My passion for Tarot is lessening more and more. After stopping with writing blog posts I notice my interest in IG is starting to wane as well. I hope it is temporally. I just have to wait and see. I hope you are well.
      Hugs.

      Delete
    2. Glad to hear you're doing okay, and so excited about the new family member :) As for tarot, it will always be there any time you want to come back to it! We go through phases in our life, and that's just natural and the way things go :)

      Delete
    3. Hi Chloe. I hope you're well. The birth of my grandchild is taking up most of my head and heart space for now. Tarot is simmering on the backburner. I stir it regularly so it won't burn. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ’•

      Delete
  7. ***THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:****

    Portugal is the Biggest Racist country that i have ever lived in. I feared for my life there and i consider myself lucky that my family got out alive! I have never lived in such poverty (Sopas dos Pobres everyday) 40% unemployment rate and 60% of the population earn less than $932 USD per month, and that's considered Middle Class here! Within the European Union it is the worst of the worst place to live.

    The bottom line is the bulk of the People in our poor country exist in a brainless comma that is fed by Ignorance, anti-Spanish hate, and severe Racism of pretty much everybody that isn't Portuguese! And, Portugal started the Global Slave Trade in 1441 so it is definitely NOT a safe place for Blacks!!

    I found important websites that explain the Severe multi-generational Racism and Hate that exist in Portugal today, and i highly encourage all to read them and spread the word in order to avoid innocent, and desperate people from living or visiting there. Get educated on the Truths about Racist Portugal now.

    PORTUGAL IS THE BIGGEST, RACIST, ANTI-SPANISH COUNTRY ON THE PLANET!

    I HEREBY ALERT ALL PEOPLE ON EARTH TO NOT BUY FROM PUTUGAL, DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD, EARNED MONEY GOING THERE AND BOYCOTT ALL PORTUGEE STORES IN YOUR AREA! DON'T BUY THEIR GOODS OR WINES!!!

    THESE XENOPHOBIC RACISTS HAVE TO LEARN AND THE BEST WAY IS TO BLOCK THEM ECONOMICALLY!

    BE CAREFUL FRIENDS!

    +++FEEL FREE TO ADD MY BLOG LINK AND PICTURES TO YOUR BLOG OR WEBSITE FOR FREE! IT IS IMPORTANT TO TELL PEOPLE THE TRUTH ABOUT PUTUGAL!!+++

    ReplyDelete
  8. The card seems so ... well not pure happiness lol, but it does remind me how strong we are and that in the hardest situations we stand tall and strong.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The transparency about your own struggles, such as the recurring thoughts of not being good enough, adds authenticity to the narrative. It resonates with many who may grapple with similar challenges. Overall, this draw and your reflections serve as a poignant reminder to be mindful of mental well-being and to approach self-improvement with a balanced and compassionate mindset. How do you actively work on recognizing and dispelling negative thought patterns in your own journey of personal growth?

    ReplyDelete