Saturday, July 11, 2015

The Wheel – Change is Good

The Wildwood Tarot, The Wheel
After having read exclusively with The Wild Unknown Tarot for ten days, it was time for me to pick up one of my other decks. But which one? After some careful deliberation I chose the Wildwood Tarot. Only now, while writing this sentence, I notice the similarity between the names of the two decks. This makes me wonder how many of our choices are influenced by “Unknown” factors.  First I hesitated to start working with this deck in the midst of Summer because for some reason I always felt like this was a deck for the darker and colder part of the year.
Anyhow the decision was made and I pulled my first card: The wheel. This cards radiates change on every level. A major part of the changes in our life are caused by outer circumstances, like the cycle of the seasons, time, life and death etc. these are aspects of life we have to accept. But, between those unavoidable threads of the warp of our loom we can chose our own yarn and patterns for the weft. That makes us “the weavers of our own destiny” and for that part of our destiny we are wholly responsible.
As a daily draw this card urges us to take matters into our own hands when possible, without falling into the trap of being overly controlling. Everybody around us has their their own loom to work on and we cannot decide which pattern they are going to weave. We can only watch and advise and then let go and live our own life
As a side note: this card shows me very clearly that the Wildwood Tarot is for all seasons!
The secret of change is to focus all you energy, not on fighting the old but on building the new” (Socrates)

15 comments:

  1. Considering the changes you have invited into your life, I can't think of a more auspicious card to draw! The loom reminds me of the Navajo people who intentionally put a small mistake into the rugs and blankets they weave as a reminder that humans aren't perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a lovely and profound custom. I've never heard of it before. It will remind me of being compassionate for myself when I am tempted to strive for perfection (again) :D

      Delete
  2. It is a germane card for you, isn't it?! And a nice affirmation for the transformation you're aspiring to. I'm still so entranced by the Wild Unknown that I've decided to spend another week with it. It's wonderful to have decks to suit the particular mood that is calling for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it is Rose! I am very captivated by The wild Unknown too and I suspect I I will pick it up again soon. Do you have decks you for different parts of the year?

      Delete
    2. Not overtly, more that I have decks to suit different moods but since my mood is so often seasonally directed then yes ;)

      Delete
  3. We do, all have our own loom to work on. Funny how often we forget that in our insistence for working someone else's loom...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. It is a nasty habit of me too! :D

      Delete
  4. I like the idea of us being weavers of our own destiny. Despite the uncontrollable things that may occur in life there are still choices/changes we can make for ourselves. I love this card image. The Wildwood Tarot is definitely next on my list to purchase. I've dragged my feet about it for too long. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you thinking and talking about it. It's been more than six months since I've worked with it. I am looking forward to become acquainted with this deck again.

      Delete
  5. Lovely card. When I first looked at the image just now, and began to read your post, this jumped out at me: "First I hesitated to start working with this deck in the midst of Summer because for some reason I always felt like this was a deck for the darker and colder part of the year." The moon and the sun in the corners of the card were reaching out, showing us that it can be for all seasons, warm or cold. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi bridgett! I've seen the sun and the moon too and also the green and the bare tree on on either side of the card. This was just the card I needed to reassure myself that this deck can be used anytime I want! :D

      Delete
  6. A beautiful card I love the illustrations in both of these decks.

    Humans are such creatures of habit. We don't much like change and often see it as a negative, and we can become rigid in our thinking. The Wheel of Fortune is the card that reminds us that change is a good thing, and the natural cycle of life.. It is the one thing we can depend on, that things will always change.

    The more open I am to change, then hopefully the more comfortable I become with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe life teaches us over and over again how to deal with her ups and downs so we will become more flexible and resourceful to live our life to our fullest potential.
      If life was easy we would still be like the Fool: childlike and innocent.:)

      Delete
  7. Love your balanced perspective on the loom: there are bits we can't change, and other bits we can choose. So, we weave our own destiny within the bounds of the possible :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as we keep weaving and won't; let this idea discourage us :D

      Delete