Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Tarot Magic for a more healthy lifestyle (Part II)

After having carefully picked the cards for my tarot spell for a healthy lifestyle I started two write the words; The Mother of Swords part of magic. This is the part where you craft your magic with pen and paper. As a side note, in my opinion pen and paper are the most powerful magical tools I have to my disposal. Journaling is often a magical practice for me.

After some scratching and tearing I’ve come up with a prayer, a spell and an affirmation. I am definitely going to use the prayer and the affirmation but I am not sure about the spell part. It seems a bit redundant. When I wrote my prayer I addressed the Mother of  Pentacles and the Mother of Swords as two parts of the Goddess, who could be of help to me to achieve my goal. When I called them  Earth Mother and Sky Mother in my prayer, I immediately was reminded of the goddess Holda who is both Earth and Skye goddess. This connection was  to me a conformation I was moving in the right direction with this spell. 
So this is my prayer:
Aardemoeder, Wolkenmoeder
Wakker mijn verlangen aan
Om gezond te zijn
Om sterk te zijn
Om dag in dag uit
Datgene te kiezen
wat goed is voor mijn lichaam.

Aardemoeder, Wolkenmoeder
Bevrijd mij van starre patronen
Geef mij heilzame gedachten
en
Leer mij vliegen als een vlinder

Earth Mother, Sky Mother
Wake up my desire
To be healthy
to be strong
So each day I will
Choose the things
Which are good for my body.

Earth Mother, Sky Mother
Free me from rigid patterns
Give me healing thoughts
and
Teach me how to fly like a butterfly
And this is my affirmation:
Vandaag kies ik bewust voor gezonde voeding en genoeg beweging om mijn lichaam de liefde, zorg en aandacht te geven  die ik verdien. Hierdoor word ik vandaag sterker, gezonder en voel ik me meer comfortabel in mijn eigen vel.

Today I consciously choose for a healthy diet and plenty of exercise to give my body, the love, care and attention I deserve. Because of this, today I'm stronger, healthier and I feel more comfortable in my own skin.

The stones ( Mother of Pentacles part) to go with my spell are:
Labradorite to promote change and to protect me from tempting influences (chocolate!)
Aventurine for the Earthy part; for health and determination (Mother of Pentacles)
Sodalite for the Airy part; for clear and motivational thoughts. (Mother of Swords)
Rune: Uruz for strength and a strong, healthy  physical body
Visionboard Healthy Lifestyle

Finally I’ve made a vision board for in my room; a Mother of Pentacles part of the spell tooIguess. This board is the first thing I see every morning when I wake up. It is just a simple pin-up board where I pinned al my clippings from magazines which are related to a healthy lifestyle!

I’ve been enjoying doing all of this. To be busy with the writing and the crystals and clippings made me feel very connected to my goal. And now the last part is to activate my spell and  do the work!

18 comments:

  1. The vision board is a great idea, and yours is lovely! I've always thought of spells as being prayers with focused intention, energy and props. Looks like you've got it all covered. :) From your mouth to Holda's ears...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev That just how I see it too: Prayers with props! I had a lot of fun bringing it all together. :)

      Delete
  2. What an absolutely beautiful prayer, Ellen! I love what you say about pen and paper being your most magical tools, too :) And that vision board is great. May health and joy be your daily companions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe! Let's not forget joy. Because without it, trying to live healthy would become a tedious chore! :D

      Delete
  3. What a lovely spell you have created. Well done! I am going to do some work on mine this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla Now its time for the hardest part :D
      Are you going to share yours or is it to personal?

      Delete
  4. I will echo others here with their appreciation of the beauty and heart that has gone into this. And I also enjoyed seeing the Dutch words alongside the English ones because it is your mother-tongue and because with the Mothers guiding you that seems both appropriate and honoring. Blessings as you integrate this part of your intention, Ellen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. I hoped you would enjoy it to see the Dutch versions. These were the words that came first to mind.
      Now it's up to me to put the energy in motion and to align my thoughts and actions to my intention

      Delete
  5. I had to go back and see your "part I" to see the full details. Then I found Chloe's worksheets on this spell. I shall blog about mine too! (soon). Thanks for sharing. Lovely prayer, and vision board. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bridgett. I will be looking forward to read about your Tarot spell. I think Chloe has inspired many of us.

      Delete
  6. Pen and paper and journals--I so agree Ellen. I love my journals and fountain pens and inks and art supplies. You can never have too many paper journals for varied use.

    I am amazed at how much time you've put into this, it's the time you put into it that makes the difference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you wholeheartedly! The time and energy I've put into this will strengthen my intent. I think it is also important to rekindle this spell time and again to keep this energy going :)

      Delete
  7. Very empowering Ellen and inspiring! Reclaiming the sacredness of our bodies as women is I think for many of us the most missing element in our lives, and is the most difficult struggle of taking care of ourselves first, in order to be the best human possible. Beautiful prayers and wonderful thing you've done for yourself and your intentions. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cath! Honestly after my break down I've been mostly focusing on my mental and spiritual health and I've been neglecting the physical part
      But it is never too late! :D
      .

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome Ellen. I empathize so much with that. Being an all or nothing person myself it's is something I struggle with and have so since my early adulthood. But I have learned the physical body is the glue that ties the mind and spirit together. We can't have one without the other, and really be happy within ourselves, I know. For me it does a really number on my self esteem. Never ever too late! <3

      Delete
    3. It feels very fulfilling to take care of my body. After I've finished coffee I am going to ride my bike and tonight I'll have rice, chicken and stir fried veggies for dinner!
      Big healthy hugs!

      Delete
  8. Awesome. Your poem-spell is wonderful. This is such a great way to be intentional about self-care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia I loved creating this and now, eleven days later, I've noticed it is very helpful to revisit my spell. regularly so I keep motivated. :)

      Delete