Monday, July 27, 2015

The Star - Opening to Grace

Gaian Tarot The Star.
Today’s’ card is The Star from the Gaian Tarot. Again another Major Arcana card and this time a very tranquil and serene one. This is the card which follows after the storm and lightning of The Tower. A woman kneels near a sacred starlit spring. She drinks from the magical water to recuperate and to be filled with hope and inspiration  Above her stars are shining and watching over her.
This card represents a renewed connection with the Divine which is unearned and freely granted.
After a busy weekend, today will be a day of graceful calm and gratitude for the many blessings in my life. Also I want to be aware of my connection with God(dess) and with everything else in this beautiful abundant world.
Now is a good time to begin the practice of gratitude, of giving thanks. When our hearts are full, it's easy to be thankful. If we begin the practice now, it will be easier to sustain when times are rough. Follow your star, for it will guide you home.
It has been too long since I’ve opened my gratitude journal, so today will also be a good day to revive this practice.
I am grateful for: M cleaning and reorganizing closets - being home again – friends and family -the unconditional love of our dog - lots of rain - coffee with biscuits – hydrangea – tarot decks -  internet - and so much more

10 comments:

  1. I love how celestial your last two daily draws have been :) The Sun bursts forth with joy and energy, while the Star brings calming, peaceful, healing vibrations. I hope you're busy weekend was enjoyable. I think it's so important to be aware of what we're grateful for - it helps keep perspective even when things feel difficult. I like your list, as well! Coffee with biscuits would be on my list as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I understand
    I do like keeping a gratitude journal but like many other favorable practices it is so easy to "forget"
    Where would we be without coffee an biscuits?:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I walked down to the gate about 10 PM last night and was so taken by the moon. I realized I'd not seen the moon once in the last few months, that is crazy, I've got to get out more! I'm grateful for the beauty, grandeur, universal soothing of the Moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love watching the moon and observing her cycle too. It has been clouded here for days so I haven seen the moon much either
      I am grateful for clear night skies! :)

      Delete
  4. Coming back to gratitude everyday always renews the soul Ellen. Thank you for the reminder. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome! I think that is one of the blessings of reading each others blogs: to be reminded of the important stuff!

      Delete
    2. I think it's what I love most, sharing with others and learning everyday, from them.

      Delete
  5. This is one of my favorite cards in the Gaian - for its image and message! I kept a gratitude journal for a year, listing something different each day. It really was a great way to give my attitude an adjustment and let me see just how good my life was (even when there was pain). I think if I do it again, I might type it up every morning on the computer as a document file. Hope you had a lovely visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's say my visit has taught me to be grateful for my life as it is right now.
      I used to type my journal too but for now I am back to pen and paper to satisfy my craving for stationary :)

      Delete