Friday, July 10, 2015

Mother of Cups - Taking a step back to let magic roam free

When I woke up this morning, I felt tired or maybe just plain lazy but I didn’t feel like doing anything at all today. Of course I had to do some grocery shopping for the weekend and some other household chores but my heart wasn’t in it. So I thought let’s ask the cards why I feel like this and what to do about it?
And I pulled the Mother of Cups from The Wild Unknown tarot. This is the fourth Mother I've pulled from this deck in a very short time. Pulling queens from my tarot decks always lifts my spirit. 
In this version of the Queen of Cups we see a white swan against a black background holding her wings over her cup. In the darkness we see multi colored little stars . Is she chanting, is making magic or is she protecting her cup? Everything is possible with this fluid queen. She is water of water, so she has a deep understanding of feelings, intuition, magic and so forth.

For me today this card is telling me to take a step back from my magical working and let the Universe have its way with it; to let my intention fly high as sparkling stars into the loving arms of my Goddess. Meanwhile I should relax and do the things which make me happy and fulfilled to restore my energy and just let the magic happen. I should follow my intuition and not my to-do list. Now that is an advise I can live with on a sunny day in July.

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh...well this sounds like the perfect unplanned gentle plan! Enjoy your day Ellen. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Out of all the queens, this one (to me) has the most permeable boundaries, the one who is more likely to soak up other people's emotional ups and downs. It is exhausting, and I'm glad to see that swan covering her cup. It's full and she doesn't need any more added to it! So hurrah for you choosing to do something that will relax and fulfill you today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No soaking today! Thanks for reminding me of this tendency of the Mother of Cups.Forewarned is forearmed :)
      Have a great day yourself too!

      Delete
  3. Well I wanted to add a meaningful comment but all that comes to mind is how lovely that image is. ha ha ha. My brain must be tired. So I guess I'll just leave it at that. She is a beautiful mother and I am sure her advice will do much good. Enjoy your restful day! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I know how you feel
      Have a great day too!

      Delete
  4. I pulled the Father of Cups yesterday and the difference between these two is pronounced. Mainly in the way their wings appear. The Father's wings are contained and aiding him in his journey forward. This lovely Mother's wings are so expansive I can feel that space in my heart center encouraging me to take a deep breath. The key, as Bev indicated above, is not to forget to release that breath equally deeply. I love the little points of colour in this card. Fairy lights;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mother's wings are feeling also very inviting to approach her and to rest when she folds her wings around you.. Almost like an angel. There we can breath in and out.
      This deck keeps amazing me daily and I don't seem to be able to pick up an other deck (yet)

      Delete
  5. Enjoy your day! I love what you've pulled from this card. When I first read through your post I thought you wrote "let the universe have its way with me"!! I suppose they are close enough. And that it pretty much how I've been feeling lately. I think I'll take your Queen's advice, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Although work seems to be piling yup for you, I think some serious relaxing after such a long travel is mandatory :)
      Have a great weekend

      Delete
  6. Interesting, to me she looks like she's standing in the rain, protecting the cup. She knows the water will flow off her, but that the cup can fill and spill over. And in amongst it all, there are those magical sparks of colour. Even when we are working to help others, we can take time to enjoy the wonder of life :) Hope your day was lovely, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Chloe; thanks!
      I like you perspective on this card with the rain and all. Very original . That is the beauty of this deck: so many ideas can fit the cards and you almost cannot go wrong.
      Have a great week!

      Delete