Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Justice – Balancing opposites

The Wild Unknown Tarot, Justice, Kim KOn this very hot first day of July, I will start working with my Wild Unknown Tarot by Kim Krans. It was gifted to me in May for my Birthday but besides flipping through the deck and admiring the artwork,  I haven’t really worked with it yet.
My card for today is Justice. We see two cats, one white and one black sitting next to each other with their backs towards us. Their tails are crossing and they are both looking straight at us. Everything in this card is expressing the idea of balance. This version of Justice it like a dismantled Yin -Yang symbol Even the color of their eyes is opposite to the color of their fur
In this card there is no other color used but black and white. Justice sees no color, just the bare facts and no emotions or other  distractions. Justice is all about universal balance between opposites, about truth and fairness and responsibility for your own actions. The sword represents fair decisions and cutting to the chase. Decide what is best for yourself and everybody else involved. And after that decision, it is up to you to take responsibility for the consequences of your choices.
For me, being often insecure about my own decisions, this is a difficult card to start out with but I think a very representative one for the energy of the deck. Not only because the cards are mainly drawn in black and white, with here and there a meaningful splash of color but also because of the straightforwardness of the images. They convey their message without a multitude of symbols. Of course the images are layered but they speak truthfully and clearly and they are teaching us to trust our intuition as a part of sincere decision making.
And remember not making a choice is a choice too

13 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your time with the WU. I have this deck but have yet to use it. The spare images are compelling. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be quite an adventure for me Rose
      Stay cool too!

      Delete
  2. What strikes me about this card is its strictly black and white opposites. There are no gray areas, which I suppose the logic of justice is all about. I don't see room for emotion, only the clarity of "tough love," which I see symbolized by the diamond. Good thing I'm not a judge. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a job I've never ever aspired! And I admire every honest hardworking judge :D

      Delete
  3. Looks like you've "decided" to spend some time with the Wild Unknown. I hope you have a wonderful time getting to know it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very clear choice for me This deck deserves some undivided attention :)

      Delete
  4. I wonder if the cats were chosen for their reputation for being aloof? Though I have found them loving and loyal. Justice may be black-and-white, but that doesn't stop it being applied with compassion. The choice is ours :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, the cat idea is a good call!

      Delete
    2. Cats definitely have a mind of their own and are very independent if they have to.
      Compassion: I guess that is why we also have to listen to our gut feeling when we make a decision for the good of all

      Delete
  5. Ellen,
    I am looking forward to your exploration of the WU. This deck has intrigued me, but I've yet to purchase it. I enjoy reading your interpretations as it always gives me something to think about.
    Bright Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monsoon. I can say the same thing about your video's. :)
      The WU is a pricey deck but it is worth every penny. I am very excited to start working with it

      Delete
  6. This looks to be a fascinating deck, Ellen. I'm looking forward to hearing more about it from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is Zanna! The images really get to you!

      Delete