Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Six of cups – Remembering you

Six of Cups Original Rider Waite Tarot
Instead of picking up my Gaian tarot for my daily draw I was mindlessly playing with my Original Rider Waite Tarot and I pulled my card for today: the Six of Cups. this card is all about happy childhood memories, feeling safe and nurturing our inner child.
Yesterday I’ve  received the very sad message that my aunt had passed away. She was such a gentle and loving soul. Always ready to help others where and whenever she could.  She lived with her mother, my grandmother, and always when I visited them for the holidays she took me places like the cinema, the zoo, the beach  or just shopping. She even took days off from work, especially for me. Together we’ve seen the Sound of Music seven times!  We played games together in the evenings after dinner. Later when I had a family of my own she was just as loving for my kids as she has been for me. It saddens me she is gone but I know for her it must have been a relief because the last year of her life she was very ill So from now on I will treasure the precious memories I have of her, safely in my heart.

“If there comes a day when we can’t be together, keep me in your heart, I’ll stay there forever."  Winnie the Pooh

16 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt; she sounds like she had a big heart and a generous spirit. She will live on in your heart and in the lives of others she has touched. Gentle hugs to all who loved her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev! We appreciate your kind words a lot :)

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss! It's very special that you've pulled the 6 of Cups on a day that brings forth so many lovely memories of your aunt. Many hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Olivia. Yes this card feels like a special gift today. :)

      Delete
  3. Dearest friend Ellen,

    I am very sorry to hear of the death of your sweet aunt. You are so blessed to have had her in your life. When we have some one like your aunt who loves and appreciates us for who we are it is so important, as this is how we gain our confidence, and belief in ourselves, because there is someone else who loves us besides our parents.

    You have some beautiful precious memories. <3 GREAT BIG HUG <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine for your thoughtful comment. I am indeed so grateful for my memories

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry for your loss you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect card for a woman who so clearly knew the value of life's simple pleasures. I'm so sorry for your news Ellen, and glad you have those lovely memories to keep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Beth! My COTD couldn't have been more appropriate for the situation. And it encourages me to remember the time we've had together.

      Delete
  6. It is good you have so many happy memories about your aunt, always remember. Warm wishes and comfort to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will and thank you so much for your heartfelt wishes.

      Delete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss, Ellen. As you say, it is wonderful to be reminded of all the love and good memories you were able to share. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete