Tuesday, July 21, 2015

The Magician and Bindweed – The Power to Break Free

Gaian Tarot The Magician Gaian Tarot Bindweed

Today’s cards are The Magician and Bindweed (the Devil) from the Gaian Tarot by Joanna Powell Colbert. Although the cards come from a different deck they form a fitting follow-up on yesterday’s post.
The Magician reminds me of the power I have to change my life. Nobody else but me can make the necessary decisions and act on them accordingly. I drum through my life either on a humdrum rhythm or with creative passion or maybe with a healthy balance of both. 
But when we see Bindweed there is some serious need to wield my magical powers in order to set myself free. To stop thinking about creative expression and start drumming vigorously. With every strike of my brush or my pencil the bindweed dies and withers. Now it is not about the quality of my art but the quantity. Just break free and start gardening later!

For now this will do and I am going to slap some paint on paper and feel free!
P.s And I loved it!


13 comments:

  1. The ecstatic joy of the drummer is the complete opposite of the fellow in the bindweed card, who looks like he's given up on life. Bindweed is an invasive, non-native vine here, which suggests the disparaging thoughts this fellow has isn't "natural" to his true, inner self (unlike the joy of the Magician). I imagine your drawing and painting just for the fun of it will be the best herbicide you could apply! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Best herbicide!" Indeed it was my friend! I loved every bit of it. ❤

      Delete
  2. Glad to see your muse! Once I start painting I feel so good I wonder why I waited so long to do it. My muse arrives then!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just playing and expecting nothing seems to do the trick. I really enjoyed myself and I hope you will too :)

      Delete
    2. I agree! Thank you Ellen <3

      Delete
  3. What a powerful combination! I love how the Magician looks over to the man in Bindweed, with such confidence and joy. It reminds me of the shamanic healing process of soul retrieval. It's nice getting a glimpse at your art table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the relationship between both figures is amplified by the the similarity in the background colors.I really love the idea of a soul retrieving process. When I make art I feel so much more complete and relaxed

      Delete
    2. Indeed there is something deeply meditative in creating art!

      Delete
  4. I see the magician releasing his creative energy in anyway he feels the pull, and the bindweed feeling the effects like a drug. It's a natural kind of high. (I picture the bindweed holding headphones on his ears here, and really listening, letting the music of the magician's drum move him).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me it is just the opposite: the guy is holding his hands over his ear Because he doesn't want to hear the drumming but he isn't successful even if he wouldn't hear a thing he would feel the sound waves of the drumming
      Again, I love it how we can all see such different thins in the card and each point of view has its own value
      Thanks!

      Delete
  5. Lovely to see you getting into the rhythm of creating. That last picture looks like you had a lot of fun in quite different ways - playful fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks it was so relaxing. Now It is the challenge to stay in the moment and not to "strive" for this experience again.:)

      Delete