Thursday, July 2, 2015

Full Moon Reading for July with the Wild Unknown Tarot

Unlike last month, yesterday evening the sky was clear and we could see the moon shining her cool white light over our overheated country.  I’ve been sitting outside enjoying the view and the slowly falling temperatures.  It was not until very, very late that  I pulled some cards.  It surprised me how beautifully they correlated with my last full moon and new moon reading of June. .


0. Yourself in your current situation (from the base of the deck) Five of Cups
We sees a sad and burdened horse with his head  held down facing the shadows. He doesn’t see the five cups above him, suspended in the light. Although I do feel somewhat better, it hasn’t been a very cheerful fortnight for me due to some personal circumstances.
1. What can be seen with clarity, so bright that it can even blind you? Mother of Pentacles
Look at how gentle and tender the doe is minding her fawn. The Mother of Pentacles radiates care and motherly love. This was my 0 card last month and seeing this card in the 1st  position, it is very obvious I should nurture myself and treat myself like a loving mother should.
2. What gets completed. What closes a cycle? The hanged Man.
A bat is hanging in his cave but he is not sleeping. He is mindful and sees everything what is going on with his red eyes, but he will not be involved. This was my Embrace card for the previous new moon. Seeing it in this position it indicates to me I should become more active again and the time of surrendering and just being is coming to an end.
3. What begins to fade away, to darken, to abandon you... or what needs to be? The Emperor. 
Although I have become aware of many positive traits of the Emperor over the last year, I think in this position it tells me to abandon my deep-rooted need to control ( an ever reoccurring  issue )

Again I was amazed how well this reading fitted with my last two moon readings. I loved doing this full moon reading with the Wild Unknown Tarot. What I like about the deck is that you are able to see the whole reading at a glance and then you can focus on the individual cards. 

15 comments:

  1. These cards look so lovely all laid out together. I found in interesting that the sun on the Emperor card appears to be in an eclipse, much as your reading said this was something that would fade and darken. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this observation. it sure does enhance the meaning of The Emperor in this position

      Delete
  2. Sycamore has such a great ability to see what I totally miss. If I didn't have such a mundane life I'd have her do a reading for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is a real gift to pay attention to the details.
      A mundane life can reveal some hidden treasures too. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this deck Ellen. The imagery is beautiful and simple, but powerful. Love the black and white. I have found the things that keep coming up for me in my cards, those are the things I have difficulty overcoming and have to acknowledge this and then try to get to the reasons why and work toward some kind of resolution. Not easy.
    There was a fellow on the radio last week who said, he thought every one can benefit from some kind of therapy. I do agree but problem being it can be hard to find the right kind of therapist. Self-help groups have helped me immeasurably.

    I hope things personally settle down for you <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am certain they will Cathy! Thanks to a lot of past therapy sessions I've learned how to deal with these emotional waves, rather then to drown in them. :)
      Hugs <3

      Delete
  4. Lovely offering, Ellen. I'm struck by the fact that the horse is the only card seen in profile, looking towards all the other cards. And it's also an animal who is known for its profound relationships with humans. Perhaps this horse would like the partnership and direction a rider might provide. Imagine the adventures you two could have ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose! I like it when I share my reading on my blog others add a their own perspective to it, which is in this case very enlightening
      I visualize myself galopping through the meadows to uncharted country :D :D

      Delete
  5. <3 I really had one good therapist, and a few other that helped me too find my way.It made all the difference. She helped me so much. Thank goodness we don't go down under the water anymore! I enjoy floating on the surface these days and love the water rough or calm!

    Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does make a lot of difference. I was lucky to have a good one myself too. So let's go swimming together :D

      Delete
    2. Jumpin' in feet first skinny dippin'! ;) <3

      Delete
  6. That is a lovely reading, Ellen, and as you say, it fits so well with the previous readings. Really gives you a sense of progress, the flow of life :) Loved what you said about the bat watching everything carefully, taking it all in even if he is passive in the moment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe I love it when the cards speak so clear and coherent. Sometimes being still and observe can teach you a lot of things about life itself. :)

      Delete