Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sea Storm - Calm amidst Chaos

October 27: When it’s slightly dark and the cold air is hazy and foggy you can get lost easily when you are walking in nature. How do I find my way home?
Oracle of Shadows and Light
The card that will be guiding me home is Sea Storm from the Oracle of Shadows and Light. The subtext is: Calm amidst chaos. It seems my inner lake (yesterday’s post) isn't always that calm. This is a stormy weather with lightning and high waves. It is easy to panic, to be afraid and feel lost. There is no lighthouse in the distance You’re all alone. But as I've said yesterday, that should be enough. If you have been to your inner lake often enough you know the feeling you have to regain. And through that feeling you can reach you inner wisdom. That’s your guide out of this chaos. Your inner calm, your intuition knows what to do, what to say, how to act, to guide you home and to calm down  the wild raging sea. My true home is my inner source of wisdom where anything is possible, where magic is real and mermaids guide me home. This is where I can be myself at all times. So although the outer reality looks chaotic and wild and scary and your feelings are running wild,  the best thing you can do is dive deeper and deeper to the bottom of the sea, the basis of you existence. That’s where you’ll find peace and quiet. Just as the bottom of the lake is as calm as it surface, this rough sea has a calm undercurrent too.
Sea Storm is one of my favorite cards from this the deck. I love the beautiful blues and the contrast between the tranquility of the mermaid and the emotional wild waves around her.
Often my Sunday mornings are like emotional tidal waves. So I am grateful for this reminder to my own inner calm.

8 comments:

  1. My instinct when there is chaos is to paddle like hell; it's hard to remember to sink below the ruckus to the calm sandy bottom (literally grounding myself!). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just as with your fox card. We have to be reminded over and over again :)

      Delete
  2. The Tarot is quite good at reminding us of certain things. Moden living confuddles our brain, but our 78 Friends are good at helping us keep on the straight and narrow :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't forget their extended circles (oracle decks). The way they combine together is so great.:)

      Delete
  3. I love this deck ever so much. I remember the first time I saw the cards, energy jolt! They are unfailingly honest and never beat about the bush I found.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same. My daughters were the ones who made me hesitate to buy it for they were calling is a Bratz doll deck! :)

      Delete
  4. Love the idea of the mermaids guiding you home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does makes you think about being rescued by dolphins :)

      Delete