Thursday, September 14, 2017

The Hierophant - I want to be free!

Today’s card is the Hierophant from the Ravens Prophecy Tarot. This card is the worldly, physical manifestation of spirituality, which is for me almost an oxymoron. 
Ravens Prophecey The Hierophant
In this version of the Hierophant, we see a candle burning in a lantern. It’s true that the lantern protects the light of the candle, even magnifies it with its glass but even though all these advantages, the light of this candle is contained and has lost its freedom to dance in the wind.
Lately, I find it difficult to relate to any organized form of religion or philosophy or even parts of it. I feel that my main reason to do so in the first place was my fear of being wrong and I perhaps felt there was safety in numbers. With the beginning of this new season, the only thing which feels spiritual to me is Nature itself in all Her abundance and Autumnal decay, the magic I see and feel in all of this, and of course my cards.
I do believe in the Divine, in Spirit, but for now, I experience it more as a loving Energy than as a specific deity.
All this feels fresh, free and playful. Without any tasks or structured practices, I am more “spiritual” than I used to be. There is no more pressure, just listening to myself and finding out what makes me happy and what connects me to Spirit

NB I do recognize the wisdom of all the wonderful teachings we have. I just don’t want to be limited by them anymore or exclude others who think differently.

11 comments:

  1. This reminds me of the Jung quote 'only that which changes remains true'

    I am so glad you are finding such joy and magic in nature and the autumn season. You mentioned feeling a positive energy shift recently. I think it has been bubbling up in your posts for a while and it is lovely to witness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, spirituality should always be a journey and never a destination.
      I do feel like I am becoming more myself lately. Autumn is such a energizing season for me

      Delete
  2. I think we all have to find our own way. I have a special connection with Nature too, and I feel it adds much to the Buddhist philosophy I follow. I recognize it as my own 'blend,' but I'm okay with that. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meant to add that sometimes we need that glass surrounding us as we find our way, so that others don't blow out our light.

      Delete
    2. As long as we are happy and content with our blend it is okay. I've learned a lot from many religions and philosophies and this has been very important for my spiritual development. This freedom thing is what I need right now but knowing myself I quite sure this will change again too ☺

      Delete
  3. Nature offers us the most sacred and beautiful cathedral. I think the gathering of peoples is a good thing, there is power in prayer and with many lots of it. That's why the Churches put fences and borders on their religious dogmas. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! As soon as a few decide what everybody must belief it doesn't feel right. We have to keep thinking for ourselves as well

      Delete
  4. beautiful set up image. I spent some time this morning looking for images that speak Mabon to me for laptop wallpaper

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharyn! Good luck finding the right one between thousands of options ☺

      Delete
  5. I'm a bit of a magpie (not quite the right word?) with regards to my thoughts regarding spirituality, I find what works for me, and trust (or try to) that this is enough. I used to look for a container, but now see there doesn't have to be one - at least not for me. There are many fingers pointing towards the moon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I've been searching for such a container for a long time too. But I realize I'd better knit my own: cozy, pliable and perfectly customized to my needs. :)

      Delete