Saturday, September 23, 2017

Eight of Cups - Leaving is not always the best option

Today’s card is the Eight of Cups from The Wild Unknown Tarot. Eight shattered cups are laying on the ground in the shadow of a high and steep mountain. 
The Wild Unknown Tarot Eight of Cups Five of Swords Kim Krans daily draw blog blogger
Our cups are empty and apparently beyond repair. Al the things which once fulfilled us and made us happy are gone and it seems the only way forward is to leave the remnants behind, climb the mountain and take a chance with what’s on the other side…
So what can we expect on the other side? And I pulled the Five of Swords, which depicts a worm, cut in two pieces. This is one of the most gruesome cards of the deck. I think this card is telling me life sucks one either side of the mountain and it is up to us to bloom where we are planted. So maybe it’s better to pick up what can be salvaged and for the remaining shards, I will have to find a broom and dustpan to clean up the mess. I do hope have learned enough from my mistakes and successes to build something new and fresh right here, where I belong.

For today I will try to look at my life from a fresh point a view and if I discover a broken cup, then first I will try to glue it together but is it is broken beyond repair, I’ll throw in the bin and find a new one.

12 comments:

  1. 'Life sucks on either side of the mountain' yep sometimes it does...your cup metaphor reminds me of the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with gold and understanding the piece is more beautiful for having once been broken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so true. Thanks Laylah for reminding me of this art form. I've Googled it and it's called Kintsugi, also known as Kintsukuroi: the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold. THis is an extension of Wabi Sabi an Japanese way of living that finds beauty in the damaged or imperfect.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the Wabi Sabi reference - It has brought up some beautiful images on google - lots of art inspiration...and some home decor ideas too!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. Now we only have to find some powered gold :)

      Delete
  2. Can we find something beautiful even among what is broken? Can we find something to be grateful for even when it seems what was good is gone? Thoughts shape our world. I have a feeling you will find something worthwhile and wondrous even on an imperfect day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday we have celebrated my husbands birthday and there was indeed a whole lot to be grateful for. I am sure I will find something today as well. The sun is shining. I've got lovely friends here and my daughter is harvesting some raspberries...

      Delete
  3. Great reading!! Gotta make the day our own no matter how broken things are or how we feel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy, I'll hope you will find the beauty in broken things today as well. :)

      Delete
  4. I can tell from experience, frog marching ourselves over the hill to the other side, can give us a fresh viewpoint, but staying is pointless, as we know we take ourselves with us where ever we go. Point of view is key

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fresh point of view is indeed crucial in times of turmoil or distress. But today I disagree that staying is pointless. Maybe tomorrow I think differently. You'll neven know :)

      Delete
  5. You really hit the nail on the head with this one. We must be within the same energy zone. It's one o'clock on a Sunday morning and here I am reading your blog. Thanks for making me feel as if at least one person in the big world gets it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words my dear friend, it always makes me so happy when my scribbles resonate with someone <3
      Hugs

      Delete