Thursday, September 28, 2017

The Devil – Please wake me up!

Today’s card is Cernunnos, The Devil, from the Druidcraft Tarot. The two figures from The Lovers are in a deep sleep, probably dreaming of their sensual encounter in that card. 
Druidcraft Tarot Cernunnos The Devil Queen of Wands Will Worthington blog blogger
Cernunnos, The God of the wild hunt and the underworld, is watching them, curious, if or when they will wake up. He is not evil or holding them captive against their will. He is just observing if those two can manage to embrace the material aspects of life without becoming addicted to them. As everything and always in life, this is a fine line to walk:  too much will often lead to addiction and obsession but too little can bring about disgust for everything physical. Both excesses are prone to cause a lot of damage to ourselves. The challenge of the card is to wake up and continue our journey even if that leads us to the next card: The Tower.
So who what energy can wake us up? The Queen of Wands, the good with of the deck. She has a pointy magic wand in her hand and when I look at those two naked bodies in the other card, it is not difficult to imagine what she will do with her wand…
Sometimes we need a bit of external encouragement when we can’t find it within ourselves. This could be a new project or hobby, a conversation with a friend or reading an inspiring book, as long as it sparks our inner fire and puts us on our feet again.

Today, for me, the Queen of Wands represents my excitement to join two IG challenges for the month of October: One about shadow work and the other one about connecting to the Feminine Divine. Will I finish them?  I don’t know, but I do love the thrill and the creative boost of starting these two challenges.

11 comments:

  1. I've seen the shadow one but not the divine feminine. Might join you in that challenge. Please could you let me know where I can find it.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Triple Goddess Challenge from @lindenherz and @mytarot3. It sounds very promising

      Delete
  2. There are days when I'm so exhausted that all I want to do is go to bed and sleep for weeks. But having a creative challenge does inspire me to get up and get moving. I'm currently working on a simple Halloween costume for my daughter (a book character since she works at the library) - The Grouchy Ladybug. :D :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that book!I can remember reading it to the kids in my class. Your daughter is very lucky to have such a creative mother who is also handy with needle and thread :)

      Delete
    2. Not sure how handy I am these days - I feel like I've pricked my fingers a hundred times! :D

      Delete
    3. Lol! maybe using a thimble might help :)

      Delete
  3. Good times with IG challenge. The Queen with all of her lusty boldness is there for support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carolyn! "Lusty boldness": I like that a lot

      Delete
  4. sleeping. I'm thinking when North Korea nukes Washington DC I will be asleep. Better that way I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But what if they don't, then you would be asleep for nothing and you would be missing out on so much. :)

      Delete