Friday, September 29, 2017

Nine of Cups –Sharing our gratitude

Druidcraft Tarot Nine of Cups Will Worthington blog blogger
Today’s card is the Nine of Cups from the Druidcraft Tarot. This card is my theme card for this year. We see a man sitting at his table with his cup raised. He is content and has done well for himself. But especially in this depiction, it feels like something is missing. He has laid the table for his guests to drink some of his exquisite wine and eat from a fresh cooked salmon. Yet, nobody else is there. Perhaps it is still too early; otherwise, he wouldn’t be smiling and sitting there all pleased and feeling good about himself.
This is the card of dreams come true, wishes fulfilled and all things good in life. It invites us to ponder about what we have filled our nine cups with and what wisdom we have gained (salmon) There so much to be grateful for and to be proud of. This harvest season is particularly suited to express our gratitude for everything life has offered us. And yes I do mean everything because often our challenges are carrying our most precious gifts.

So for today, I will ponder on the content of my nine cups and especially about what this beautiful salmon has taught me in the last few months. But... I will also share my findings with my loved ones and then I will be stepping from the solitude of the Nine of Cups into the warm embrace of the Ten of Cups...

7 comments:

  1. In the words of Nina Simone:

    Birds flying high
    You know how I feel
    Sun in the sky
    You know how I feel
    Reeds driftin' on by
    You know how I feel

    It's a new dawn
    It's a new day
    It's a new life
    For me
    And I'm feeling good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can hear you singing By the Sycamore Tree! Foot tapping along :)

      Delete
    2. Me too! I Love that song so much. Sometimes I even have it on constant repeat :)

      Delete
  2. when salmon leave the salt water and return to the fresh water of their birth, they are doggedly stubborn, to the point of death and beyond. I've been on a tear all week, I wonder if this man lived his life that way, and now pays the price of having run everyone off, so is, later in lefe, left to his wine and empty table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At first I was thinking the same thing but then again he looks genuinely happy; not as smug as the guy in the RW version. Or perhaps he is utterly content by the fact he has chased everyone away? Who will ever know for sure.

      Delete
  3. He seems to want to share his good fortune and wisdom. I guess he thinks if no one comes to his table, so be it, it still is all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, the notion that life is has to come from within first.

      Delete