Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Three of Coins and Two of Cups – Carefully moving closer …

I have been working with the Margarete Petersen Tarot for twelve days in a row now and I can’t seem to put it away and pick up another deck for my daily draws. I am utterly captivated by the beautiful artwork and clear and inspiring messages this deck has to offer.
Three of Coins Two of Cups Margarete Petersen Tarot
So for today, I drew the Three of Coins. Where the Two of Coins showed us two balancing feet, in this card we only see one. That means one foot has been lifted and is about to be put forward into a new direction; leaving old familiar patterns behind. The card also features the Om sign, which for me resembles a short prayer, said just before this foot will touch the earth. A prayer of trust that this will be the right path to follow.
And where, I wondered, might this path lead me? And I got the Two of Cups: Opening myself up to others and myself on an emotional level. A sense of belonging is essential to all living beings. It feels when I really open up to myself and to God it is so much more easy to open up to others as well. This card is all about giving and receiving and about loving kindness without expectations. Quite a challenge for me but not one I want to shy away from.

I love that this card strongly relates to The Lovers, which is my card for this lunation.

6 comments:

  1. I've read that Om was the sound that began creation. That seems to fit with your idea of one foot grounded and one foot walking. :) Sometimes I think it is that willingness to creatively express ourselves that helps us look with kindness and love all the parts of our self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds much more appealing than a Big Bang :)
      I think our creativity is much needed when we journey into the unknown.

      Delete
  2. I too have read that Om was the sound that began creation. That OM was a big bang from the Divine. Again a lovely deck and you connect with it so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Carolyn, I hope it doesn't get boring :)

      Delete
    2. As long as the cards speak to you emotionally and intuitively it will not be boring.

      Delete