Monday, July 28, 2014

New moon in July - Release

Conscious Spirit Oracle Kim Dreyer ReleaseA little bit late, but this is my card for the new and waxing moon of this lunation. This is my Embrace card and it is a bit funny because the card is called “Release”. So I have to embrace a releasing energy which is very apt for me now. This weekend I've had to deal with some family problems which are beyond my power to change and so I've decided to try to let go. And then I drew this card from the Conscious Spirit Oracle by Kim Dreyer:
I release that which does not serve me with gratitude and love
Of course I was pleasantly surprised by this synchronicity but I also noticed the last two words: “with gratitude and love”. Releasing, letting go is one of the hardest things for me to master, because it means also to let go of control, to accept how things are. Mostly my releasing is combined with resentment, failure, anger and sadness. It leaves me with scars and holes, which then have to be healed over the years. How different would it be if I would try to release with gratitude and love. Softly, silently saying my farewells  and sending light and love with them. It couldn't be better depicted then this: an angel, light as a cloud,  moving on and leaving light behind…..

9 comments:

  1. There is something healing about realizing my anger and the hurt I hold on to won't change history, whether recent or long in the past. Those sharp-edged emotions only hurt me. But releasing with love means I must see inside that person, beyond the behavior that I reacted to. I'm still working on how to do that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!!
      The more you love some one, the more they can hurt or disappoint you and the more difficult to let go (with Love!) of the pain they've caused you and also of any further expectations

      Delete
  2. Lovely card. Sorry to hear you ended up with family problems over the weekend. I think if you come at this from another viewpoint, you may find the release a little easier. Releasing with Love, for me, has more to do with yourself not the other person. You release the part, the person, from your life with love for self and spirit. :) Acceptance would involve the other person, but not Release. Of course, that's just my take on this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is more about my expectations which I have to release, so my interaction with them will be more emotionally detached and thus more easy. There is still love so I want to let go of the resentment and the anger. I have to accept the way things are; you are right about that. I could never break with them.

      Delete
  3. That really is a beautiful and healing concept. I was at the bookstore yesterday looking at oracles - I have some but nothing quite like this. I'm considering acquiring one because I like the soft-yet-apt messages, a bit of a change from the usual. Is there any oracle you particularly love?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting to like this one more and more. At first I thought it was to positive but now it makes me look at things quite differently. I am planning to buy the Magical Times Empowerment cards and the Spirit of the wheel oracle deck both painted by Jody Bergsma. I guess I love a lot of oracle decks as long as the artwork is intriguing. Whether I like a deck is mainly depending on my mood but my favorites are Froud's Faeries’ Oracle, the Tao Oracle, The enchanted Map Oracle and all kind of Goddess oracles.
      I love to combine them with tarot :)

      Delete
    2. Ah! It was the Enchanted Map that I was looking at the other day. Haven't seen the Tao Oracle, and I've heard wonderful things about Froud's Faeries, so I will have to give that one another look. Thanks for the suggestions. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful message, Ellen! I imagine it is hard to let go when you feel such intense desire to help and for all to be well - to let things happen as they may is difficult. I wish you well in finding that sense of love and acceptance, and release...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kerry! Being home again is helping a lot. I guess it is good there is some physical distance between me and my family.

      Delete