Thursday, July 3, 2014

Combining Tarot and Lenormand in one reading (II)

Original Rider Waite Tarot, The Hermit
Yesterday I liked doing this exercise so much, I thought let’s do this again. For today I've chosen the Original Rider Waite Tarot and the French Cathomancy cards. 
For the topic of the reading I pulled the Hermit. A card of seclusion and  meditation; of seeking inner wisdom and calm. The question this card seemed to ask me was; "How do I find the time for myself to meditate and reflect on a daily basis?". 
I often start out very enthusiastic with a new or rediscovered practice to forget all about it in a week or two, three. I've been meditating for some time now and I would love to maintain this practice for a bit longer than a few weeks.
And that’s when the Lenormand cards came into play and I drew a line of  three:



Bear + ring + whip
French Cartomancy Cards, bear, ring, whip

This immediately made sense to me (Yeah!!!)
For me these three card are telling me to develop my inner strength and resilience by committing myself over and over and over again.  When I've skipped my meditation yesterday, I can start again with my daily practice today. When I've skipped it for a week I can start with my daily practice today. Every day I can commit myself again to a daily practice. In this way there is no room for guilt and regret, only for the courage to start again!

13 comments:

  1. "Begin again" is so important for me too! I can easily get caught up in that "all or nothing" thinking of deciding if I can't do something perfectly, I might as well not do it at all. Wonderful reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used to beat myself up for slacking but the effect was that I gave up entirely. Better to encourage yourself as you would do with your child.
      Ps did you read my email?

      Delete
  2. I like your layout and use of tabs, and the background is gorgeous, all reflecting your own eye for art!
    Be well friend~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks me like you've got the hang of it here. Wonderful reading! Cards fit perfectly to the question. Out of curiosity, I added the inserts -10+1+11=22 Crossroads - You must make the choice to find the time. Nice. Congrats on connecting with these cards. I do believe you've moved to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Cher, you make me blush . I like the addition of the crossroads. :)

      Delete
  4. I posted a comment yesterday, but don't know what happened to it. Must have got sucked into cyber space! Just wanted to say this is a brilliant post to approach procrastination, which I can be the Queen off! I heard it said one time procrastination is like masturbation, the only person you screw is yourself!
    Oh yes guilt and regret, two things I love to hate! What a great Tarot exercise! I certainly agree completely, encouragement is the best way to get things done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha Ha!!! What an apt comparison :D Thanks for your kind and supporting words Catherine!
      If we only could be as kind to ourselves as we are to others: I am still learning but I'm definitely getting better at it:)

      Delete
  5. That's such an important message, Ellen! I realised today that I'd forgotten to do any tapping for at least three days. I almost started to beat myself up for it, then just did some instead. And it felt good :D I hope you can be kind to yourself and just recommit when you remember and when you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry, so far so good.
      Probable we all suffer from "forgetfulness" one way ore another. More "important things" always seem to get the way.

      Delete
  6. I loved how you related tarot back to your life with the Lenormand. Very nice exercise indeed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Monica welcome to my blog.
      I must say the results did surprise me too :)

      Delete