Tuesday, July 22, 2014

King of Cups – Seek some guidance

After too many good intentions and new ideas to better my life: to be more positive, meditate more regularly, write my morning pages every morning, rise earlier, eat healthier, exercise more etc, it is no wonder the King of Cups from the Original Rider Waite tarot  has come along to help me to get real with this eagerness to improve my life on every level at the same time. I do have a bit of an all of nothing mindset J.  He is the one who keeps his feet on the pedestal of his throne. Unlike his Queen he doesn't like his feet to get wet. He doesn't look at his cup either. To me these are all signs of emotional detachment in order to make the right decisions and to give a sound advice. He is the calm mentor, a loving (grand)father, an example of emotional stability.
 When I tell him my concerns, he smiles, nods and empathizes with me. He tells me to take it slowly, one step at the time. Rome wasn't built in a day and neither will all these good intentions transform into solid habits overnight. Be gentle with yourself and when you “fail” you can try again tomorrow. There will always be another day….And I know he is right (as always)

“I am the grandfather at the end of the long journey of life. I have done it all, I have seen it all. I have turned within, and have found great solace there. I have gained much experience, and now people come to me when they need my wisdom. I do not lose myself in ideals of perfection, for I understand that everything is perfect, even in its weakness. My place is not to judge, but to help. I bring peace and serenity. I offer healing for old wounds. I am supremely patient and when you fall, I am unconditionally compassionate. I am secure in my wisdom and strength. I have earned my way to this state of being.” Leila Vey

6 comments:

  1. I think this king would tell you to be compassionate toward yourself! :) Spread those good intentions over a week instead of piling them up on every day perhaps. I love this king because he is so kind, yet he manages to keep himself from getting entangled in drama or chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes he is indeed. I think our lives could be so much easier if we could channel this kings energy :)

      Delete
  2. Cancerian father, anyone? Reminding us to rise above the emotions but acknowledge why they're making us feel the way we do. Wisdom comes with knowing how to act when certain emotions arise. Good luck with that! And can I suggest, one thing at a time? Sounds to me like you're doing too much at once my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite right Louise! I am taking it more slowly now. What was I thinking? and in this heat!!!

      Delete
  3. Wonderful message from the King of Cups.

    ReplyDelete