Monday, August 7, 2017

The Sun - Be your own hero

Llewellyn Tarot The SunToday, on a warm August morning I drew The Sun from the Llewellyn Tarot. This card depicts the Sun God Llew, riding on his horse while feeling victorious after slaying his enemy.
So, I was wondering how the optimistic, youthful, and confident energy of this card could help slay my current, most vicious enemy: my anxiety and need to control every situation.
The light and warmth of The Sun will uncover and burn away the anxious feelings and the hurt this enemy is causing me. This does sound a bit like slaying my own dragon because both the characters of this story are parts of myself: my energetic confident ego as well as my slimy and deceitful anxiety.
So what weapons can I use again this ongoing thread? Together, Happiness and Joy will make a strong shield.  Being in the moment with a childlike innocence is the perfect attitude which will keep the darkness at bay. And whenever it does slip through my defences, I can throw an arrow dipped in a potion of trust, faith and self-confidence.

It is so self assuring to be able to be the hero of my own story instead of waiting for my knight in shining armor to come and rescue me.

8 comments:

  1. Byron Katie's four questions shines a bright light on the emotional turmoil in me, and I never fail to find them helpful:
    Question 1: Is it true?
    Question 2: Can you absolutely know it's true?
    Question 3: How do you react—what happens—when you believe that thought?
    Question 4: Who would you be without the thought?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bev. I am open for every suggestion so I've copied them on a stickynote on my desktop

      Delete
  2. Nothing like getting out in the sunshine to clear the mind. I work mostly from home and some days I can get tired of my own company when I don't have clients to work with. Those days I jump in the car(my horse/chariot) and go for a spin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great Carolyn. I do the same thing with my bike, which by the way I sometimes call my iron horse :

      Delete
  3. Llew is young yet. We understand we will have to fight the same battle day after day after day. He doesn't get that part yet. I seldom see my self as getting better, just better at fighting the battle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I suppose we alwasy will be searching for better weapons, techniques and armor

      Delete
  4. I have had a reminder set on my phone for several years now. Every morning it pings and up pops the message: seek joy! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try something like that too. Thank you!!

      Delete