Saturday, June 24, 2017

New moon in June

For this new moon I have pulled a major from my just arrived Mother Peace Tarot as to what energy I should embrace during the next cycle of the moon. The two previous lunations I also drew a Major card and I found that the multilayered aspect of these cards made it so much more interesting to work with them for the duration of one month. So for this month I cut the deck and flipped through the cards until the first Major came up. And it was The Lovers.
Notice how the two lovers meet each other in the pink middle of the card. They can walk together under a bower of roses towards the setting sun.
Personally for me, The Lovers is not so much about romantic love but more about how to unite my masculine and feminine aspects, about how to become a whole person and last but not least about how to woo myself.  In my last post I have written about what a bit of makeup can do for your self-worth but now it seems my brand new feminine-oriented deck is taking it up a notch. It is as if She is using this small concession to pampering myself as a starting point to some major changes in my self-care and self-love practice. I think July is a perfect month to start pampering myself more regularly. 
(I am thinking strawberries, ice cream, sunshine, flowers etc) Yes, and not because I have to but because I want to be with myself. I will consciously choose to enjoy these moments as a loving caress for my soul.
Who knows, maybe at the end of this moon cycle, Me Myself and I will be going steady
J

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for your post and the reminder of the New Moon. This card of the Lovers and finding balance for yourself and indulging/pampering yourself goes right along with the card you drew the other day, when you decided to add makeup to your morning routine; for no one other than yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do comliment one another quite well. I hope I will be able to spice up my routines a bit. Not only for the coming week but maybe for a bit longer too. :)

      Delete
  2. I keep looking at the opposite figures on those Greek pottery pieces - one showing war and the other love. Makes sense that I have both these sides in me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This reminds me of the story about the two wolves who live inside us: one good and on evil. The one you feed will conquer the other..

      Delete
  3. Ha! I always say,
    I'm marrying myself! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have strawberries and raspberries growing the garden. You post reminds me to actually pick and eat them (while leaving some for the birds and squirrel)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! Self grown fruits are so delicious. Each night M is gathering some raspberries for both of us to put in our yoghurt.
      We don't have a squirrel but there is enough left for the birds. :)

      Delete
  5. Raspberries and yoghurt how lovely! that's my breakfast tomorrow sorted :)

    I do wonder sometimes if we are contributing to a squirrel obesity problem....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love this, Ellen! Self-love and pampering sound absolutely delightful :D
    Those Greek urns are so interesting. Both show pairs of figures, but they relate so differently. Are you at war with yourself, or able to show yourself kindness? And yet, perhaps sometimes you need to be able to put up a fight or maybe on that warring urn you are the sacrifice, willingly relinquishing yourself, sacrificing and letting go in order to become part of something larger... So many possibilities - I love a Lovers with six parts ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love has many faces, all so different but each as beautiful as the other

      Delete