Monday, September 30, 2013

This too shall pass

30 September: Everything changes in nature. Every day the world looks different. In what way do I cope with change? 
ten of swords Anna K Tarot
Anna K Tarot
Well that figures. Today’s card is the ten of swords from the Rider waite!( I've deliberately chosen the picture of the Anna K tarot because that one emphasizes that you can get up again)
It is easy to answer this one: I don't cope well with change. I've had some major changes in my life and the last one was the most traumatic and I didn't cope well. It has cost me several years to finally get a grip on my life again and to learn to accept life as it is. Looking back it was the most intense painful period of my life, but this experience has changed me incredible. I've learned to shed my victimizing thoughts, bit by bit. And it can be life changing to replace them with empowering ones. That brings me to my solution on how to cope with change. you have to change with it. It’s like the strength of bamboo that waves in the wind and thus does not break. Nothing and nobody ever stays the same. Having that said doesn't mean I am able to do that every time when change comes by. A little wavy change I can manage. I think we all can. It’s those dreadful storms that can blast the feet from under us. And that can shake us to the core. We tend to put our heels in the sand and stiffen up inside and out. A deep NO! rumbles in our guts. That’s just life. But whenever I’m hit again by my  crumbling thoughts in my back I know in the end I can get up again.
Happily I am in calmer waters now. But I know change is on its way. I only can hope I'm better equipped than the last time.

“This too shall pass”  is a saying I've read somewhere and is really speaking to me

8 comments:

  1. I think change is tough for everyone, unless of course it is change that replaces something awful with something more pleasant. My daily walks remind me that change is natural, like the summer moving into fall. Change is not some personal vendetta an external deity has against me, it is just part of the flow of life. Gentle hugs to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you fully. It is good to have nature around us to teach us the way of life.
      XOX

      Delete
  2. Interesting thoughts there. I like what you say about moving in harmony with change. I also like the comment by thesycamoretree, stating that change should not be taken personally. We shouldn't let the world around us dictate our happiness. Easier said than done, I know.

    I read a quote by Karen Berg this morning, which ties in with this. "When difficult doors open for us – we know these are the ones we’re meant to walk through". This would lead us to understand that the 10 of Swords is not something to be feared but appreciated. It's that door you need to get up and walk through at this moment.

    Great reading and card image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I thought this was an uplifting, empowering ten of swords. often it is said that our darkest moment become our greatest teachers

      Delete
  3. Lovely post, Ellen. Our points of view come from almost opposite sides! Maybe I'm kidding myself about my stoicism in the face of big changes. (Though I'm most certain about how I deal with minor annoyances!) I am thinking of a quote, too, one from a movie called 'Brokeback Mountain' -- 'If you can't fix it, you've got to stand it.' That's pretty much it, really. If something is that big that you know there's nothing you can do about it, all you can do is just go on living. Some things you really can't do anything about. You just can't. All you can do is survive it. And as you say, you get up again. Maybe our ideas aren't all that dissimilar after all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is is the only one can do: just go keep on living and learn to deal with change. :)

      Delete
  4. Uncertainty or the unknown gets me more than the change itself. Sounds like a good time to pull in some of the energy from that lovely card you posted in your last post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes when uncertainty is lurking round the corner, my worrying is increasing rapidly too. :) That’s a little devil in disguise, because sometimes worries sound like intuition...

      Delete