Saturday, September 21, 2013

Happy Mabon

Happy Mabon everybody. I hope you all have a wonderful day. My daughter and I have baked an apple-pie together. It’s always fun to bake something with her. Sometimes we quarrel because both of us wants to take the lead, but this time it went smoothly. The pie is in the oven right now, so I have to wait to post this until it is ready, because I want to add a picture of . Yay, it smells so good!

homemade apple-pie
I have pulled my card for today; 21 September:  what stands out in my life at this moment; the dark or the light, or is there balance?
I’ve got “The mend a broken heart fairy” Healing from Heartache.

Oracle of Shadows and Light - Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Becket
Oracle of Shadows and Light - Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Becket
This card emphasizes the darker side of life for me. But with a door open to the lighter half. It is true that although things are getting better, I still need some healing for the sadness and grief that is inside me. I wish it was as easy as putting a bandage on the most painful part. It’s good to experience the love of my daughters now that my neck is injured and to see that they do more around the house. That is comforting. But it’s also important to give some healing to myself. This is the most difficult part for many of us: Being kind, loving and patient with ourselves. How often do we think that is has been long enough; we have to go on and get over it. But we do need to give ourselves time and attention, otherwise feeling like sadness and grief can fester. So I’m going to make myself a nice cup of tea and  think about what kind of healing I can give to myself. (starting with a piece of pie :D)

6 comments:

  1. I made an apple cake today! No photo. It's a humble cake. But it tastes lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything thats homemade tastes great. The secret ingredient is Love..:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It tasted the way it looks :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have been taking your own advice to heart, and allowing yourself some time and space for healing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you , that's so kind. It is often easier to give advice to others than to yourself. But I'm getting there :D

    ReplyDelete