Monday, September 23, 2013

Voodoo in Blue

voodoo in blue oracle of shadows and light
Oracle of Shadows and Light- L. Cavendish
23 September : Fruits ripen; De birds nourish themselves before their great journey ; what feeds and sustains me in the fall?

With this question in mind I drew “Voodoo in Blue” (Back Off). My first thought were :”That will be a lonely autumn. What/who will sustain me when I kick everybody out?” J

Since I'm not familiar with these cards yet, I looked in the guidebook what was written in there about this Voodoo in Blue. A sigh of relief: This dark fairy is really on my side. She warns me for people and situations that can drain me dry; wear me out. I don't always have to be the kind and loving woman everybody wants me to be. It is very healthy to set my boundaries and be clear about them to others. I liked it that there were no pins in the puppet, because that is not really my style of communicating J.  When I look at her this way, I can imagine that she is helping me to stay strong and stand up for myself during this season.

10 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying the tarot prompts - thanks for translating them!
    I wonder if the little doll represents herself, and she is protecting it so others won't stick pins in it (with that look on her face, they'd have to be nuts to try, lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes she is somewhat frightening :D
    I am glad you enjoy the prompts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, boundaries are difficult for me, too. In my current Goddess chant I include Durga, who is all about keeping your boundaries clear! :) Defending your own space and needs is definitely a worthwhile thing to think about to keep yourself nourished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the goddess Durga for her strength and protective motherly qualities. She is an empowering goddess.
    I usually go to my room to be alone for perhaps only half an hour and that makes a world of difference :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. My oldest daughter want to learn Tarot, but she's even more intrigued by Oracles, for some reason. So I will be getting her her first Oracle for Christmas this year, and had settled on this one - the Oracle of Shadow and Light. I think she'll love the art and the way the messages are presented. It's nice to see your experience using this deck, and to see some more of the artwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the fun thing about these oracles (Shadows and Light / Shapeshifters) They look kind a sweet, but there is more going on. It's like you can go with the whole family to Disney's Tarzan and all enjoy it :)
      I don't now how old she is, but perhaps you can look into the Shapeshifters oracle. I think it somewhat nicer, with the animals and so on. :)

      Delete
  6. Thanks, I will add this to my list! I had not heard of the Shapeshifter Oracle, but it's by the same woman and the artwork is similar, so that is great. My daughter is almost 14 so she is capable of handling some hard edges, but I love the animal addition to the Shapeshifter - thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O that's a lovely yet difficult age: A big girl and a little woman in one. She will certainly love this deck :)

      Delete
    2. Hah, so true, Ellen.... definitely that "in between" stage, so many changes happening!

      Delete