Friday, September 20, 2013

The Oracle of Shadows and Light

This morning my favorite postman brought me my oracle deck that I had ordered online. It’s the Oracle of Shadows and Light.  Writing this down I realize that it is the perfect deck to give myself at Mabon. Since this deck is all about balance and embracing your shadow.

oracle of shadow and light pumpkins
Oracle of Shadows and Light - Lucy Cavendish and Jasmine Becket
Life isn't all about light and happy faces. I did hesitate a long time before I decided to buy this deck. I thought it would be to girly, superficial perhaps. But OMG I was wrong.
I already connect to the pictures of this deck on such a deep level. It seems like those lovely whimsical creatures are calling out to my little inner child to come out and play and don’t be shy. I like them that much that I’ve just ordered the Oracle of  the Shapeshifters too. Usually I’m not that splurging but this time I knew I had to have those two decks. I think they can teach me a lot about myself in a playful nonjudgmental way.
The Dutch version of these decks have the artwork of the Australian versions. I like them more then the American. Probably because the somewhat darker atmosphere in some of the cards and perhaps my age???
I’m going to do my daily draws with these decks. There is a Dutch Tarot website which gives a question for each day from Mabon until Samhain which you can answer with your daily draws. So this challenge will hopefully motivate me to play with my cards daily. And I’m also planning on combining these cards with my Anna K Tarot deck. What a wonderful way to begin the darker months of the year. Yay!

8 comments:

  1. Ellen, I would love to see these daily questions for Mabon - Yule. Could you translate them and post them?

    I look forward to seeing you work with this Oracle of Shadows and Light. I know Neopagan Priestess's Kerry uses these. Maybe I should give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll give that a try. I'll post them once a week, starting tomorrow on the equinox. I made a mistake in my post: the period is from Mabon to Samhain instead of Yule.
    It were Kerry's video's about these oracles that made me take the leap

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hee hee, enabling again :) I have to admit, I love these decks! Will look forward to what you post with them. As Eowyn says, the daily prompts sound really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should ask commision :D
      I am working on the questions right now

      Delete
  4. Oh, those are very sweet! I may have to add them to my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are. They were on my wishlist too long.....:)

      Delete
  5. The first time I ever saw this deck, I had to have it. I use it the most out of my oracle decks. What I love most about this deck is it is never ambiguous, it will always be honest with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it has had this effect on me to, but I've hesitated a long time. Now I am so happy to have it. :D

      Delete