Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Seven of Spirals and Seven of Scrolls – The power of imagination

Chrysalis Tarot Seven of SpiralsYesterday I drew the Seven of Spirals (Assertion) from the Chrysalis Tarot and which conveyed a strong inner “Yes” in me!  Since my “nurture” plans for Monday (due to all sorts of reasons) didn’t see the light of day, I figured I was entitled to a second chance to pamper myself.
But this card is not only about retreat and setting boundaries but also about going deep within (spirals) and finding your inner strength.  A strength which is so powerful that you will have to find the right balance to assert yourself. It pleases me the bear is sitting quietly in her cave and her gaze is more than enough to keep unwanted visitors at bay. Without growling or showing her claws she protects her sacred space. She knows her strength so she has no need to show it all the time. Only if needed she will react more fiercely. 
Chrysalis Tarot Seven of Scrolls
So this morning I asked what to do next and I got the Seven of Scrolls (indecision). This card feels very akin to the Two of Swords but it also highlights the need for creative imagination. As humans we are able to decide on so many levels: instinctive first reaction, logical reasoning, intuition, emotional response etc.
It is up to us which of these options we would use to make our decision but now and then it might be helpful not to pick our go-to problem-solving strategy. As a Queen of Swords person, this card tells me to let go of my reasoning abilities for a change and try to tap into my more creative imaginative side. That will help me to ponder what could be behind those two doors? Which one should I open? Where will it lead me? What does it bring me? So many questions, I think I might stay in my cave for another day also because it will be a very hot and humid day. 

6 comments:

  1. That is an interesting card for Assertion, which is often viewed as charging ahead in a bullish way. Nice to see it with a feminine touch of protecting one's sacred space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is a nice alternative for teh RW version of this card. I ahve been reading up on the bear and I must say I can relate to this animal very well :)

      Delete
  2. I'd see the bear card as hibernation. The thing with hibernation, you have to plan far ahead for it or you starve to death. Once again the cards remind us of balance, A few days are safe, full time is a job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that after a few days of hibernation I am going bananas, so I am good :)

      Delete
  3. I noticed that both cards are numbered seven. Seven being a number of introspection and spirituality. Both of your seven cards nod to this. The Bear and the Satyr are both woodland creatures, so maybe some time in the park or a lovely spot under a tree for a bit of journaling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great Carolyn but first the temperatures need to drop. For now I am cooped up inside :)

      Delete