Saturday, September 28, 2013

Help is already here

28 September:  Tomorrow it’s St Michaelsday: He is said to protect us and helps the ones in need. What do I need help for. Draw a card and see what help you've got
the map, bone collector, colete baron reid
The Enchanted Map Oracle
This morning I have taken the Enchanted Map Oracle from my shelf. It has been lying there far too long. It's by Colette Baron-Reid.With this deck you'll navigate a metaphoric map of your life's journey. You go places, you meet challengers & allies and you encounter situations. Everything takes place in the magical realm of your imagination. 
She has also written a book called “The Map”. It is a good read and it gives you more insight in this deck.
For today I've got the Bone Collector. No, it isn't as creepy as it sounds. The card depicts a peaceful elderly woman who is sitting in a circle of stones. She is smiling and she looks quite inviting to talk to. When I've opened the guidebook for some guidance (It has been long time ago J), I read the small sentence that summarizes the meaning of this card: "You are whole and have everything you need within." Further it says:
  Whenever we're wounded, especially when we're young, it’s as if something essential is stolen from us. We adapt, and accept a particular version of the truth that then sets us up to behave a certain way in the future when faced with a situation that reminds us of the original event. What we know about ourselves thus becomes influenced by a perception of limitation “
 “The Bone Collector reminds you that the truth is that you are a powerful being with limitless possibilities. She has kept safe what was stolen from you in the wounding, and is here for you to reclaim it now. You have everything you believe you lack, and the Bone Collector is your inner resource. Act as if you have what you need and you’ll find you have it after all.”
That gave me goose bumps!  And I do like that when that happens when I'm reading cards. I find it really exciting when readings follow a theme throughout several days. Then I feel like the cards are really speaking to me.
So this darling old lady will help me with everything I was set out to do after my encounter with The Daughter of Poseidon. The Bone Collector is the one where my help is coming from. And the most striking part is that I just have realized that she is a part of me. Yes, all this help is coming from within! So I just called myself me a darling old lady. That’s the first step on the road of self acceptance J
This card also reminds me of the story of La Loba from “women who run with a Wolves” by Clarissa Pinkola Estes: 
The sole work of La Loba is the collecting of bones.  She is known to collect and preserve especially that which is in danger of being lost to the world.
If you haven't read this wonderful book already, please do, because it’s a must read for every woman

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely message. :) Don't forget your Earth Protection ritual today! :) (If you're doing)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a seriously cool card. :)
    I'm glad you mentioned the Estes book; it's been at least 15 years since I read it, and I am curious as to what I would think of it now (it made a huge impression on me when I was younger). Time to dust it off...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It keep amazing me everytime I read it. It's filled with sticky notes and marker stripes:D

    ReplyDelete