Saturday, September 28, 2013

Earth Protection Meditation/Ritual

 I have decided to also join this ritual, It’s a great cause. I feel that it’s necessary in this time and age to connect with our earth mother and with everyone who feels the importance about saving our environment. 
earth protection ritual altar
Earth protection altar
This ritual was scheduled at 12 noon. For me it was at 1pm due to the time difference with the UK. I've created a little focus point/altar and have meditated for some time with the intention of healing, caring and honoring the earth, I personally don't like to have intentions against something (fracking) but rather I bend it so it will become positive: bringing sense to those dumbheads J
I had started ten minutes late, but that didn't discourage me. It was a simple meditation ritual. But it felt good. The weather was very good. It was also nice to realize that I was participating to something so important.

9 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely.
    And so is the name of your blog. Thank you for sharing your insights~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I envy your back garden! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks It is lovely. It's mostly my daughters work.:)

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous altar! And you had sunshine, too :) You expressed beautifully something I felt but couldn't articulate. I prayed for Mother Earth, rather than focusing on those who dishonour her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. the weather was is still beautiful. I've read somewhere that the unconscious mind does not recognize a negative. So instead of focusing on `no fracking` you focus just on `fracking`

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I try to remember that when speaking with my son, too. Like saying "gentle hands" instead of "no hitting" :)

      Delete
  5. I just used the words suggested by PCG in his sample meditation. It is similar to the big ritual that was done by the Gardnerian Wiccans in the Magical Battle of Britain: http://www.forteantimes.com/features/articles/4435/the_magical_battle_of_britain.html, http://www.llewellyn.com/blog/2010/11/the-magickal-battle-of-britain/.

    Of course, in comparison to that 'Albion will not be fracked. This land will not be desecrated. They will not come' is rather tame.

    In my usual workings, I do avoid negative wording, for the auto-suggestive reasons Ellen mentioned.

    Anyway, I'm so glad you took part!

    ReplyDelete