Thursday, May 26, 2016

Four of Fire - the art of letting go

Vision Quest Tarot Four of Fire
When I asked this morning what could help me to approach life with a more positive attitude, I got the Four of Fire from the Vision Quest Tarot. We see four sage  bundles clearing the air of stagnant energy with their healing and cleansing scent. This in order to make room for something wonderful and new.
The Four of Fire is all about celebrating and letting go what we have accomplished and completed. Only after we have consciously gone through this process, there will be room for new adventures and projects. It can be so tempting to compare today’s gifts with what has been and to cling to expectations for today. This is often caused by stagnant and limiting ideas and feelings Today is new day so let’s be grateful for its opportunities.

Maybe it could be helpful to revisit our day before we go to sleep and give it all, the good and the bad to God(dess) so we can wake up fresh in morning without guilt or regret and start the new day with a clear mind and an open heart.

10 comments:

  1. This purification ritual reminds me of beginning a project or a goal. Before zooming ahead, we pause and see if any errors need to be corrected before moving on. The foundation needs to be strong for what will be built upon it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. So many thoughts a whirling in my mind about a new creative project. its evident I am not quite ready for bringing it into this world yet. The foundation is still too rickety :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. The truth about sage bundles, they just smoke, they don't scent. So you end up with a house that smells like there has been a fire, not sage. I had our house smoked by a medicine woman about a year after we bought it, there were so many problems and bad feelings. It helped a bit, mostly me I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I've never burned a sage bundle myself only essential sage oil which smells really good. Maybe you're right and it all in the mind but if it makes us feel better....

      Delete
  3. I love what you say about clearing out stagnant energy to make way for the new! And I have a nightly gratitude practice, looking back on the day, letting go of everything and giving thanks for what was best <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Chloe. This post actually has encouraged me to refresh this practice; starting tonight. I als want to try to set an intention in the morning with a little help from my daily draw. :)

      Delete
  4. I sage my home and I think it helps the building and me. I have a client that is buying her first home today. Yesterday during her final walk through of home I gave a sage bundle and a few other clearing tools. She was really worried about lingering energies so I thought it was appropriate. I have never given those items to any other clients over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was a brave thing to do, to let yourself become vulnerable. I do admire that; envy it too

      Delete
  5. What a lovely response to your question. Purification can take so many forms and sometimes smudging or incense is what I reach for but other times it's bells, rose water spritz or strong, clapping three times. A smile works beautifully, too, if you can summon it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rose! these ar all wonderful and straightforward and so simple to use. I mean clapping and smiling are always and everywhere available. It is also the intent that creates the cleansing :)

      Delete