Friday, April 24, 2015

Two of Wands – Choices, choices, choices.

Legacy of the Divine Tarot, Two of Wands, Ciro Marchetti
For today I have drawn the Two of Wands from the Legacy of the Divine Tarot and it is pretty obvious what this card is all about: we have to make a choice in order to move forward. In the picture we see two beautifully adorned wands and also two locked boxes in mid air and one key floating between them. There is no way of telling which of the two boxes is holding something  of value for us or if the key only fits on one lock. Do we have only one chance to try to open a box  or perhaps maybe  two ? How can we be sure? Should we wait for more information or just try? All these questions and possibilities can cause you to freeze instead of making the choice. Because how on earth can we be sure we will make the right choice. Maybe both options are right. Our mind keeps working on high speed but it is like we are running in circles and there is no way out.
I often feel like this. I find it hard to make decisions. When there is really a pressing situation which has to be dealt with, I am  more determined and unwavering then when it is about the small things in life: What will we have fro dinner? What shall I wear? Do I need new shoes and  when and where shall I buy them? What movie will we watch? What will I draw? What book will I read next?
There are numerous choices to be made on a daily basis and I think it is a miracle we are not all hiding our head under the pillows. Luckily we can rely on previous decisions: I don’t have to consider all the brands of detergent anymore: I chose my own familiar brand. Still there are enough choices left for me today: “what deck will I choose” was the most recent.

14 comments:

  1. The best thing about most decisions is they aren't life or death choices. We can usually choose differently later if we don't like the results.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I just get fed up with them. Maybe I yearn for a simpler life with less choices :)
      Which reminds me : my word for the year is Simplicity!

      Delete
    2. Heehee - I forgot about that! :D

      Delete
  2. I am so indecisive! So are my friends. It would take us forever to decide on anything. ha ha ha. I guess my boyfriend is too. You'd think he would have learned by now not to ask what I would like to do...I'm terrible with choices! But maybe it is because he can't decide either. *laughs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you are both sure you love each other! :D
      For the remaining more trivial decisions we could both use that coin Sharyn was talking about

      Delete
  3. Well for me Ellen indecision is mostly about procrastination, especially if it involves doing something I'd rather not do like today!

    I was feeling so overwhelmed putting unnecessary pressures on my self. Wow crazy. I have to ask what am I trying to prove? Knock myself out trying to do this and that and really not wanting to to any of it, and so most of it doesn't get done!. So I got some MUCH needed Spring cleaning done once I made a decision I really didn't want to make and a couple of others. I feel much better now, than being in limbo land. Wow I don't like that place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Limboland: that sums it up just right. Procrastination is such a beautiful word for a nasty habit. It is so easy to put things of and yet they keep following us around, draining our energy andkeep asking the famous question : to do or not to do. :D

      Delete
    2. Yes it's gets back to that balance between being and doing!

      Delete
  4. When I was a child, I got a little quote from a cookie or something. It said: 'I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...' :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! What do we need a deck of cards for when we have fortune cookies! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Exactly that's what I wanna know! Must get me a nice bag of those babies! If their not truthful, at least they'll be just a little tasty! Lol

    ReplyDelete