Thursday, August 27, 2015

Hopeful Past-Present-Future reading

Usually I use tarot primarily for daily draws. That way the cards can empower me, guide me or help me to approach a situation with a new point view. I hardly never do actual readings for myself but today I felt like doing a Past Present Future spread. Just three cards nothing, more nothing less. And I got:


Past: Eight of Pentacles

This is me doing my daily “chores” ( meditating, gratitude journal, making art, etc:) ticking of boxes day in day out in the hope things will get better….

Present: Five of wands. 

A lot of inner conflict, knowing that just pointing out a winner isn’t the solution. Every part of me has to agree and make compromises. How can I shape and form my path in a way which will fulfill me completely?

Future: The Star

Yes, that is a hopeful card.  And so beautifully timed after my last post about the Tower. She is naked and vulnerable, brave and strong enough to expose herself to Love.

17 comments:

  1. Having such a open heart and open mind while not clinging to anything solid does make you feel vulnerable. But if anyone can do it, you can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this vote of confidence my friend!

      Delete
  2. It looks like you are headed in a positive direction. That's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lets hope The Star will guide me home again :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, so lovely to see the Star here for you in this position, Ellen. You, Bev and I all drew the Eight of Pentacles today! I'm not able to be as succinct as you both are in your writings on it though hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tarot sisters!!
      But you did teach me a new word: succinct! :D

      Delete
  4. Very nicely done, Ellen. I love seeing The Star in position 3.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a wonderful, inspiring spread. How can I shape and form my path in a way which will fulfill me completely? A thought came to me as read your reading. The answer to this may be to look at the tasks you are doing and decide which one shines the brightest for you and that is the beginning of your path to fulfillment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cher! You are quite right. I have to start slowly and keep it small and genuine. I love playing with my bread machine... :)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful cards! I like to add the Minor cards together in a spread and correlate the number to a Major card. Here you have 13, Death, which is such a nice affirmation of the transformations you've been experiencing. Many hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia I like how you count the minors. Never done that before.
      Hugs

      Delete
  7. I love that the daily chores you have been working away at are meditating, journalling and creating - you can't help but be uplifted in the long term :) And yes, I adore the Star, that willingness to be vulnerable, to trust that all will be well!
    Big hugs,
    Cx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe, I've freed myself from IG challenges, self imposed obligations etc. now I only journal if I have something to say and meditate if I want too. Just following my heart now. Scary but freeing
      Hugs

      Delete
    2. That sounds just great, Ellen :)

      Delete