Monday, June 30, 2014

Three of Spirals - Contemplation

Chrysalis Tarot, Three of Mirrors
All in all, yesterday was a good day. I've managed to  keep my emotions out of the equation and we had a sociable get together.  My husband was pleasantly surprised with the leek pie and the cake was eaten to the last crumb. Today is a day of rest and recovery of the emotional roller coaster which I've been riding for the last couple of days.
My card for today is the Three of Spirals from the Chrysalis Tarot by Tony brooks and Holly Sierra. Again a fitting card for me. Look at how the head of the Buddha statue is held by the tree. It looks as if it's been there for such a long time. The three has folded himself around it over the years. This card is about slowing down and contemplating your next move. Really assessing where you are and where you want to go next. It is time to ask yourself: What do I really want?

For me this card also symbolizes that, in order to become one with everything around you, you have to lose yourself (ego) first. This can be so scary at times because you have to let go of the illusion of control. I begin to experience this little by little while meditating. Only fractions of moments I feel utterly free of self and connected to everything around me, only to get pulled back again in me. But this tugging and pulling is of such gentle kindness that is also teaching me not blame myself for “failure” and except what is.

9 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card, Ellen! So glad the get-together went better than you feared (ha, we're alike in that). And that you are finding yourself in meditation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry, Yes we do sometimes struggle with the same issues.:)

      Delete
  2. I love the "Spirals" cards that I've seen in this deck. :) That would take a lot of stillness to allow tree roots to grow all around the Buddha head. My idea of patience is about as long as I can hold my breath, lol. But even muddy water takes a longer time to settle than that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Counting to ten is also difficult for me. I used to beat myself up internally when my mind was distracted ( again!) while meditating. I guess that's why It was so hard for me to take the time to sit and be still. Now the mud has more chance to settle bit by bit and moment by moment

      Delete
    2. I'm slowly learning I don't have to get rid of thoughts when I meditate, I can just watch them instead of "feed" them.

      Delete
  3. Hi Ellen! I'm happy everything was good! Today enjoy "our beloved coffee" :) and relax. A big kiss and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I had several cups already :D
      hugs

      Delete
  4. What a lovely card. It does have a feeling of stillness and gentle change. It's good that you are being gentle with yourself as you learn let go of trying to control what can't be controlled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siddaleah it is still a work in progress just like reading lenormand :D

      Delete