Sunday, June 29, 2014

Dreamer two - Half-Moon Truce

To be honest I didn't feel like blogging today. Yesterday was our 28th anniversary and today my husband is coming over to celebrate this. A lot of mixed feelings are whirling through my mind but most of all I am determined to make this visit a success. Especially for him and hopefully for all for us. So some of my feelings has to be put on the back burner for today. But when I was playing with my tarot decks just for fun and relaxation, I noticed I kept drawing a version of the two of swords. I thought this was so significant I had to write about it. The first two of swords I did pull this morning was the one from the Tarot of the Sidhe. We see a face in the sky, half black half white.  It is a quarter moon, half full, half darkened. At the bottom of the card a magpie spreads it wings; showing his black and white feathers. Everything points out to a stalemate situation, a temporary balance.

“Now the Mind is split in twain
The glorious whole is seen to wane
And two thoughts must find a path
To bring both peace and conquer wrath”
Emily Carding

This is a very timely card for today. On one hand there is this profound sadness and on the other hand joy and festivity are in place and expected. M and I have made a delicious cake with walnuts and chocolate. This will certainly heighten the mood. For tonight I am going to make my husband’s favorite meal: leek pie, kidney beans and salad. So now I am going to prepare the leek and the dough for the pie and I will put in some extra love as “secret” ingredient. 


15 comments:

  1. (((Ellen))) Relax your mind, your expectations, your hopes and fears - just be. You are a naturally kind and sensitive person, so I'm sure all will be well. Try some "laughter yoga" to relax - basically you take a deep breath and "fake" laugh over and over (which quickly turns into real laughter because of the silliness, especially when done with others).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha That felt funny! But it is relaxing indeed.
      Al went rather well all things considered. My husband was happy and that’s what counts on a day like this. It felt good to be able to do this for him
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. My thoughts are with you Ellen. I know all will be well with compassion for and trust in yourself and all. It's true, this is a card for the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was day of giving but I've managed to take care of myself too and tomorrow is a day of rest for me :)

      Delete
  3. Well done. One of my affirmations is "start out as you mean to go on"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sharyn, that is some good advise!:)

      Delete
  4. {{{hugs}}} I'm glad things went well, and that cake looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Siddaleah.
      We ate it to the last crumb :D

      Delete
  5. I'm glad all went well. The cake looks delicious! Must be that extra ingredient you included. :) ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad things went smoothly, though even then I'm sure there was some stress. Still, that delicious cake must have helped :D A lovely reading, acknowledging the way we can be divided by something…
    Big hugs, Kxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being divided is more easy when you accept the ways thing are and not fight them but rather feel them and let it go until it comes knocking on your door again. And sometimes you have to put your feelings in the fridge (as long as you don´t deep freeze them :))
      Hugs

      Delete