Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Don’t overburden yourself when you leave the Ten of Scrolls behind

Chrysalis Tarot, Ten of Scrolls, Ten of Swords
Look at this poor kitty behind his paper bars. He is so pathetic. This is the Ten of Scrolls (swords) from the Chrysalis Tarot. It looks like the tiger has been sitting there for a long time and has forgotten all about his own inner strength. He is defeated and held captive by his ongoing crippling thoughts. In the upper corner a butterfly it symbolizing his option for change much like the sunrise in the Rider Waite version of this card. The tiger is finally about to access his fiery passionate nature and to break free at last. But then what?
I pulled the Ten of Spirals (Wands). Here we see the overburdened centaur carrying his heavy load. He is standing at the crossroads, not sure which way  to go. When you break free from a difficult situation, you are still much the same person inclined to repeat the same cycle again. 
Chrysalis Tarot, Ten of Spirals, Ten of WandsThe Centaur in the Ten of Spirals is advising us to leave some of our past regrets and quilt etc. behind at the crossroads and to choose the highroad. “Don’t play the blame game. Put the past behind you and don’t look back”
This reminds me of my theme of this lunation: release. How freeing it can be to leave excess weight behind. I wonder why this is so difficult. Are we so defined by our sad stories. Are we afraid of writing new ones, being unsure about the ending or perhaps afraid for our own greatness…
“Every morning is a new beginning. A new chance for you to rewrite the story of your life.” Tina Su

8 comments:

  1. I really needed to hear this message - to write a new story every morning. The good thing about those Tens is that they usually are like turning the last page in a novel - things will be ending and changing soon. :) On a side note, I wonder if the tiger surrounded by scrolls is a nod to the phrase "paper tiger" (meaning someone or something that is ineffective).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that is the beauty of tarot; The novel has always a sequel with start again with page one :D
      I don't know if the creators had "a paper tiger" in mind. it is not in the LWB. I've heard from Toney Brooks a guidebook will be published June 2015 I am very happy about that

      Delete
    2. I like the "paper tiger" idea….! Seems like it might work well - outdated concepts that aren't working anymore..time to let go….

      Delete
  2. This is an interesting concept for the 10 of Swords - looks quite a bit more like the 8 of Swords. I like the presence of the butterfly. And the Centaur is marvelous! I've just ordered this deck and it should arrive by the end of this week, I can't wait! The creators' blog is really good, and pushed me over the edge into wanting to buy it. Their vision is wonderful! It's nice to see these pictures of the cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you will enjoy this deck. For me personally it works best to let go of trying to compare the cards with the RW tarot. Especially the Troupe cards (courts) are a very different.
      Yes I am reading his posts regularly and I am glad they are writing a guidebook.
      I am looking forward to hear from your experiences with the deck! :D

      Delete
  3. The butterfly to me is freedom and serenity. We humans can certainly imprison ourselves in our minds by our past and fear of the future. Thank goodness we have a choice, we can walk away in gratitude, were so many actually are imprisoned physically, but regardless they overcome and find that inner freedom to move forward. Those folks certainly are an example and inspiration. I think of Nelson Mandela and how he endured, and so many more that inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be honest I haven't thought about actual imprisonment. and I feel ashamed about it. So many people are not free to express their thoughts and if they do, repercussions are sometimes deadly. We live in luxurious circumstances where we can speak our mind. So often we take this for granted. Thanks Catherine for reminding me to think of the less fortunate.

      Delete
  4. Do you do reversals

    ReplyDelete