Monday, August 25, 2014

Ten of wands – Prioritize

For today I've drawn the Ten of Wands from the Original Rider Waite Tarot.  This is the culmination of the suit of wands which can be an over load of tasks and responsibilities but also an overload of plans and idea’s and creative projects: the fun stuff. Look at the wands he is carrying; all of them have budding leaves. Every idea and project is viable, so how in G’s name can we leave one behind.
This man, although his back hurts, is determined to go on. He is almost home where he can store some of his wands in his shed.
Sometimes life’s choices can overwhelm us. So many options to go for, so many great opportunities to try. One seems even more attractive than the other.  Just recently  I had  pulled for myself the Ace of Wands which I’ve read as a boost to get more things on the go and now in my enthusiasm I have  taken on to many projects. This is not the balanced life I was searching for J

So for today I will make a list of everything I want to do or create during the coming weeks and sort out what I really want to do now and what can wait a little while longer. Also it is a good thing to realize I cannot be in control of everything around me. Sometimes I have to let go of some things and trust they will be able to survive on their own for a while in my shed.

6 comments:

  1. Tee hee, love this idea of storing some of those wands in your shed! Good luck with your to-do list, Ellen :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry !
      I guess your shed is crammed at the moment :D

      Delete
  2. "Every idea and project is viable, so how in G’s name can we leave one behind."
    This so describes my head space when I have it full of good, creative ideas! And as you alluded to, nothing much gets accomplished because I can't do it all at once. One thing at a time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha I know how you feel. Sometimes having so many ideas can be even paralyzing.
      Perhaps the first thing to do is build that shed :D

      Delete
  3. A list is a wonderful idea. Maybe only list 10 items, one for each wand. Then, separate into three piles: Now, Soon, and Later (or something to that level). Only two can go in Now. Three can go in Soon. And the rest put in Later. Then fold the paper so you only see Now. Have fun! Just what you wanted right, an assignment from one of your readers. :)

    You could also meditate on this card. Ask each wand what it represents. You may be surprised at why you carry with you. Half the load may be useless material.

    Good luck finding that balanced life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think this is a great idea! And so organized as well.
      Meditating on the Ten of Wands: I am already curious what will will come up. Thank you for some very practical and fun idea's Cher! They are ever so welcome!

      Delete