Thursday, August 28, 2014

King of Cups – It's okay to ask

Original Rider Waite Tarot, King of Cups
This morning when I woke up I didn't feel too well. Since S. and M. both had similar complaints a few days ago, I guess it’s my turn now. It is nothing serious but just enough to feel  poorly and tired. When I  pulled my daily card I had to laugh because it was the King of Cups. Among other things he is also my tarot doctor. Mostly my therapeutic healer but also my acknowledgement there is physically something wrong. He is the one who tells me to take care of myself and allow myself to be ill; to put my own needs first and take time to get well again. It almost looks like he is offering me something to drink
Too often I have been the one who kept going when the rest of the family was ” too ill” to do anything at all. Well luckily that has changed, but old habits die slowly, so this card is a good reminder to ask for a pot of tea instead of making it myself. I think I am going to bed now with that tea, some biscuits and good book. I wonder how many pages I’ll manage to read. J

12 comments:

  1. Rest, fluids and a good book sound just like what the doctor (or King of Cups) would order! Hope you do take his advice - befriend your body. (((Ellen))) Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bev. Only its taking a bit longer then I've expected :)

      Delete
  2. Wishing you better, Ellen. This is a King with a healing gift for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the King of Cups. I often relate to him when I help others or when people seek out emotional advice.

    I hope you are feeling better today! Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steve, bit by bit, but in my mind to slowly, things are improving

      Delete
  4. Feel better soon, Ellen. Make sure those pots of tea are forthcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellen, hope you're feeling better. :) I wanted to tell you my old blog (Cherlindrea's Grove) has become Blackbirds and Rowanberries and is here: http://blackbirdsandrowanberries.blogspot.co.uk/ Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carla, your new blog looks great!

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi again! Removed my second reply as somehow my first had duplicated itself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Okay LOL
      Tea is a wonderful invention!!

      Delete