Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sometimes you just have to be told over and over again!

Sometimes you draw a card and you feel like you've been hit in the stomach: Not again the nine of Swords. A little bit more than a week ago I drew the Nine of Air from the Angeltarot. 
This depiction was a lot more gentle than the rendition of the Druidcraft Tarot which follows neatly the Rider Waite imagery: a woman in despair holding her head in her hands in hands, unable to sleep.

She is obviously at a loss, sad and depressed. Often when I get a card more often then usual it is clear to me I haven’t got the message  yet. So I asked the cards what should a I do to solve the problems represented by this card and I drew the Eight of Cups. This is also a card I get a lot in personal readings. It is like the tarot is screaming: “wake up woman”, which would sound less cynical if  the woman in the nine of swords wasn't having sleepless nights. J
It looks like she was able to get out of her bed and has dressed herself in her red sheet and blue blanket. She is leaving all her empty dried up cups behind and she is following the path uphill beside the stream of fresh cool water. She is searching for the its source, which holds the promise of healing,  intuition and Love
It just struck me this figure is climbing yesterdays mountain!

8 comments:

  1. I often get the Nine of Swords when I try to solve everyone's problems (especially when it is not my responsibility). I see those abandoned cups in the next card as a realization that I can't make other people happy, they have to do it themselves, and moving on.
    Good call on the mountain card from yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can see what you mean. Besides that for me it also represents leaving behind false hope and expectations and seek for a new way to sustain myself, to care for my husband and to cope with my grief.

      Delete
    2. Those false hopes and expectations can be tough... Know that I am standing nearby and cheering you on!

      Delete
    3. Thanks, You're the best! :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  2. Yes! I was going to say about the same thing as thesycamoretree about this pair of cards. In a figurative sense, it seems clear the figure needs to "get up, get out of bed, get outside", and chart a new direction, leaving behind thoughts and feelings that are no longer useful, necessary, or meaningful in her life. She needs to set her sights outward and upward, set achievable goals, and follow through. You're in my thoughts, Ellen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Zanna that is so kind of you to say.
      Most of the time everything is working out fine but sometimes there're those nine of swords days :)

      Delete
  3. I love this. Not sure what else to say!!! I haven't used my DruidCraft deck in a long time but each time I see a post where you've used it, I think "that's so lovely, I need to take that back out!" I like how you've picked up on the similarities between the clothing of the woman in 9 Swords with that of the person in 8 Cups. And the Mountain from the previous post. This is what I love so much about Tarot, and especially doing Tarot for yourself. There is so much meaning that shows up in various ways and speaks so clearly. One thing I notice in general is that each card carries a range of severity (even within the upright meanings, for those who use reversals). So to one person the 9 of Swords could be referring to those nagging concerns that are floating around in your head, while for another it could indicate depression or debilitating anxiety. Sending love and hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind wishes Olivia.
      In the end it is all about your own interpretation of the story told by the cards. What stands out, which person do you identify with. etc.
      You know I absolutely adore tarot for its countless layers
      Hugs and love for you too

      Delete