Friday, March 28, 2014

Nine of Pentacles - Feeling secure within my own boundaries

From The Crystal Visions Tarot I've pulled for today the Nine of Pentacles. As usual we see a refined woman who has done well for herself and is enjoying life’s little luxuries in her garden. She is fulfilled and content. In most of my decks she is only accompanied by her falcon while in this depiction there is also a tiger present.
This tiger reminded me of my post about finding Durga through tarot. The goddess Durga is a protectress of boundaries and she is riding a tiger while fighting of the enemies. This evening my son in law will come to stay with us for one week and Sunday my husband will come to visit us too. I think protecting my boundaries can be a “lifesaver” for me, although of course those two men are not my enemies. It is more about my inner demons, the ones that urge me to ignore my own needs. Too often without noticing it, I am inclined to push my boundaries for the sake of everybody else’s happiness. But thanks to this card, I will remind myself I have a lovely room upstairs where I can be that lady of the Nine of Pentacles. I can read there, play with my cards, meditate, write, drink my coffee: just be comfortable with myself en recharge. And if the weather is fine there is a bike waiting for me in the shed or I can pull out a chair to sit in the back of my garden. So for the coming week, keeping my boundaries will be a focal point. And when I see how relaxed the tiger is laying there beside his lady, I think everything will work out just fine

8 comments:

  1. This is a soothing post to read, perfect for me this morning. I love the sound of your special room, and the image of you there drinking your coffee and spending alone time. And the bike, too! We just acquired a child seat for one of our bikes, so now I can put our littlest on there and go for a ride with him, and I can't wait to try it out. I hope that your house of visitors goes well and that you find a nice balance between socializing and down time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. I suspect you will have a wonderful time, riding with your little one on your bike. I can remember how liberating it felt when I could take my children for the first time with me on my bike.:)

      Delete
  2. We often need to mentally go to our room of quiet joy. If we'd remember it sooner rather than later it would help :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reminding me about me "Inner room" I have a little cottage to go to, but it need s a sweep with Las Magas' broom :D

      Delete
  3. HI Ellen! I like your post very much and it´s inspiring and very important and deep the analisys and reflection you do about you. Have a beautiful weekend with family! Enjoy our beloved coffee :D
    A kiss and Muchas Estrellas!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LAs Magas! Good to hear from you again. I think we will have a wonderful weekend. The weather is very promising. I am enjoying my coffee right this moment :)
      Hugs

      Delete
  4. I really enjoyed your take on it. It's very insightful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Alla and also for stopping by. It is so nice to meet you here. :)

      Delete