Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Gilded Reverie Lenormand - a Three Card Spread

Yesterday I was inspired by Olivia from First EarthTarot  to pick up my Lennies again and give them the attention this lovely system deserves.  Although it contains “only” 36 cards, it is a comprehensive study which  requires a lot of dedication and practice. It is almost as if I would say English isn't that difficult; you write it with just 26 letters.
So back to the cards. I am still in the stage of reading three card lines, So let's see what this line has to say about my renewed acquaintance with the Lennies:


Bouquet + Stars+ Ship
1.       Pleasure is found in following your dream
2.       The gift of an inspirational journey
3.       A longing for putting my talent in motion

When I read these cards they give me the distinct feeling I should give this system a fair change, explore it’s usage for me and see  this study as an adventurous journey.  I will be open minded and find out if I can re-establish a connection to these cards. Furthermore I will try not to be scared off by the blunt language of the Lennies.  Maybe it's similar to not being fearful anymore for the Death card and the Ten of Swords.J
If you have any additional thoughts about these three cards, please leave a comment. 

8 comments:

  1. Great analogy regarding the Lenormand cards and the English language! When I see a spread with these cards, I always want to read them like a message from a fortune cookie: Great joy will come when you follow your own star instead of what other's tell you to do.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that approach a lot.I will try to find my own language with these card and not just parrot someone else's :)

      Delete
  2. Nice interpretations! They are lovely cards you've drawn, and I'm happy you're feeling motivated to return to this system and jump back in, bluntness and all :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. It does require some courage, but I think I will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen, You would think 'only' 36 cards would be easier to learn. :) I think the main issue is deciding on a system and sticking with it. I'm still steadily improving. If I was to pull these three cards in respect to your renewed acquaintance with the cards, I would say - This is a slow journey, but with patience and guidance from your higher self, you will discover your gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about having one system. I have a set collection of meanings for my cards now which work for me.
      Thank you for this interpretation.I like the addition of my higher self. Reading Lenormand is more than just memorizing meanings :)

      Delete
  5. I love that first card, it is so bright and positive which would normally make me a little wary (I like my cards a little darker lol) but for some reason it really speaks to me and I found myself looking at it for quite some time. Perhaps it is the message in the card....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is indeed a bright and colorful deck. as all Ciro Marchetti's work is. I have his Legacy of the divine too and these two decks match perfectly
      Here in Holland those tulips are everywhere now. :)

      Delete