Friday, March 14, 2014

Six of Cups and Mountain - Tarot and Lenormand playing together

For today I have drawn two cards from two different systems and both cards have been made by the same artist: Ciro Marchetti. From the Legacy of the Divine Tarot I’ve got the Six of Cups and from the Gilded Reverie Lenormand I've pulled the mountain.

First I drew the tarot card to represent the overall feeling/energy of the day;
This cards depicts a girl lying in the grass and she is recalling some good times when she was playing with her friend. It is very easy for me to identify with this girl. Life used to be so easy. There were less difficult choices to make. Of course it wasn't always sunshine and roses  but at least my husband was there to stand beside me. And nowadays it is just me who has to make all the decisions. But I am very glad  I can cherish a lot of good and loving memories. So why does this card affect me more than usual?
For a modification of this tarot card I drew Mountain. This card is about blockages, difficulties and frustration. When we are confronted with our mountain it is only natural we are inclined to look back to the green meadows of the past and to imagine them greener than they really were. How tempting it might be to idolize and dwell in these pastures, it is better to get your backpack and lace up your shoes and start climbing the mountain.
It is obvious how the Lenormand card emphasizes for me the danger of living in the past and can be seen as an encouragement to face my problems. I think any other Lenormand card would have highlighted a different aspect of The Six of Cups. The Tarot card represents for me the psychological side of the matter and the Lenormand card the more mundane and active side. Although Tarot and Lenormand are  two different systems, I think they can work very well together

Ps. don’t get me wrong; There is nothing as comforting as a stroll down memory lane J

6 comments:

  1. Living in the "now" instead of the past or the future is an ongoing struggle for me. But the "now" is the only place I find true peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now is the best "place" to be even when the escape routes seem so alluring :)

      Delete
  2. When faced with a mountain it is difficult to see anything else. (((Ellen))) Close your eyes and that what is there without the mountain. I didn't have children but I can imagine they are much like my mom with dementia. They hit the hot buttons you didn't even know you had ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "They hit the hot buttons" Lol, you are so right!( And my husband knows them too)
      Thanks you for this welcome advise. There is still so much to be grateful for :)
      hugs

      Delete
  3. I love how you've combined a card from each system into a single message! Simple yet powerful. I will try this as well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've tried it a couple of times more today and most of the time they get along quite well together :)

      Delete