Sunday, April 24, 2016

The Chariot - Keep moving

For today I got The Chariot from the Universal Waite Tarot. This card is so different from how I feel today but probable it is just the right energy I need to keep going. I suppose every one can identify with the feeling to want to go back to bed and skip a day or two. Well I felt like that this today but we also know we can’t stop living our life. Things always tend to happen when we are in need of some peace and quiet and solitude.
The Chariot is a card of success and self-reliance. The charioteer manages to balance the influence and strength of both Sphinxes . In my case: wanting to give up and wanting to go on. Neither is a 100% preferable but  a healthy mixture  of the two can be very beneficial for me today.  Oddly enough it seems The Chariot in this card isn’t going anywhere. So I presume he is contemplating where to go from here. It is good to make a stop in life when something is asking for a more in depth exploration. Life is not a race; there is no hurry. So I was wondering what it was, the charioteer was thinking about. And I pulled The Emperor. Immediately I was reminded of one of the pillars of therapy: the need for structure in our life. And I don’t mean structure like a tight schedule (pitfall!!) but a dynamic structure which a experienced leader like The Emperor would benefit from. A structure which can be maintained even when life needs you to be flexible. Again it is about finding the balance between black and white or between a  rigid structure and total chaos.
Today I didn’t feel like blogging but I am glad I did because writing this post has thought me a great deal and has made me feel a lot better.

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” - Albert Einstein

11 comments:

  1. I was just commenting on Carolyn's blog that sometimes it's good to have a purpose and reason to get out of bed in the morning - even if it is just to feed the cats and water the plants. Movement almost always shakes me out of my funk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do seems to be both a bit in a rut lately :)
      That is why I decided to blog today even though I thought it wouldn't be of use anyhow. Tonight I am going to cook a tasteful healthy dinner for M and me but for now it will be me and my tea and a good book :)

      Delete
  2. when I feel like that I tell myself this can be a pajama day. Then I think eeuuu. Then I get dressed to the shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I detest pajama days! Never will I come downstairs in my PJ's. I do like comfy clothes though :D

      Delete
  3. I know we all have those days that we do want to just crawl back in bed. Since I am self employed I do just that if my calendar is light. The Chariot is good advice to those days, get up and get going regardless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And when you're able to get going almost always it will help us to feel more alive and in the moment.
      In bed I mostly get swung back to the past

      Delete
  4. I'm moving through some things, and found your message very helpful! Sending you hugs - I'm grateful that you blogged today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so thankful to read this Carol. Hoping this will pass for you soon. Hugs

      Delete
  5. It's good to know I'm never alone in this state of mind. We all experience it. I don't pay too much attention to these days anymore, because they will pass and soon I'll be back in the groove.

    I'm glad to be where I am motivation wise today. I am reminded we aren't human doings and sometimes we just need to do nothing in our jam jams or not, and just maybe make a little effort and we might find we feel better too!

    Today I have three more readings to write out for clients and oh I would just love to forget about them. But I can't let people down and I'm almost done now. And when I do get them done, I know I'm going to feel good and I can move on to the next thing.

    I'm glad you blogged today too Ellen Hugs! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Catherine! :D
      I have that same feeling after I have been working out

      Delete